Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bairnsdale, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry - wasn't suggesting that it was - just that it is a new development (next to an existing development by the same owners) on the highway in a location that might suit.

Tesla have a few superchargers that are at single businesses (Cassegrain, Silos wineries, Happy Valley Hotel at Ovens, for example) so there's a precedent!

Does anyone have an update on this? Tesla website obviously says “coming in late 2020” .. Surely if that was the case there’d be progress by now?

And hello from a new user BTW. My model 3 SR+ refresh is currently in a container on the docks in Melbourne and I’m planning a Syd-Hobart road trip the moment it arrives!

Does anyone have an update on this? Tesla website obviously says “coming in late 2020” .. Surely if that was the case there’d be progress by now?

And hello from a new user BTW. My model 3 SR+ refresh is currently in a container on the docks in Melbourne and I’m planning a Syd-Hobart road trip the moment it arrives!
Cooma to Lakes Entrance is too far for an SR+. And there are no DC or AC chargers even remotely near the highway between the two.

ABRP and Tesla maps are deceiving as the wind in that entire area is absurdly strong.

I once took a motorcycle around there that’s fine in other areas but it struggled to pass 80km/h from East Gippsland to the NSW south coast.

If you want a nice scenic detour headed to Melbourne, try Cooma Supercharger to Evie’s Ultra-Rapid charger at Tarcutta. If you get range anxiety or just prefer to lead foot it a little, there’s a few AC chargers at Tumut. Grab a coffee or meal at the brewery and plug in for 20-30 minutes (adds 8-12%). This isn’t snowchain season.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
Cooma to Lakes Entrance is too far for an SR+. And there are no DC or AC chargers even remotely near the highway between the two.

Thanks. I was looking at narooma supercharger, then bega NRMA charger, overnight in lakes entrance, then coast on in to Melbourne speed restricted the following day with my 3 phase plug adaptor in the back in case things go wrong, No go you think?

Thanks. I was looking at narooma supercharger, then bega NRMA charger, overnight in lakes entrance, then coast on in to Melbourne speed restricted the following day with my 3 phase plug adaptor in the back in case things go wrong, No go you think?
Bega to Lakes Entrance direct in an SR+ is impossible. Even under good circumstances your highway range is around 280km. Consider spending the night at Gipsy Point. It’s part way between the two, and Lakeside has a 3-phase destination charger.

And there’s no need to hypermile it to Melbourne. Use Chargefox at Moe. It’s 20% cheaper than a Supercharger and slightly faster too. Especially if you don’t have to push to 90%.

As QBN_PC pointed out, Bega to Lakes Entrance might be a little tricky. I would suggest staying overnight at Marlo hotel - nice scenery and good food too. I have used their Tesla destination charger a number of times, seems pretty reliable. And from there you can easily reach the Moe fast charger in one hit.

Reactions: PC__LoadLetter
As QBN_PC pointed out, Bega to Lakes Entrance might be a little tricky. I would suggest staying overnight at Marlo hotel - nice scenery and good food too. I have used their Tesla destination charger a number of times, seems pretty reliable. And from there you can easily reach the Moe fast charger in one hit.

I have just organised this as a road trip for our Model S 75D. Sydney to Melbourne via Batemans Bay, Narooma, Bega, Moe. Overnight stay at Marlo was the only way I could make it work. Gipsy Point was booked out and Lakes Entrance was going to give me range anxiety.

Tesla’s supercharger development in Gippsland has been very disappointing. I’ve done Pambula Beach to Melbourne in my (now 5+ year old) Model S P85D and used the Metung Hotel destination charger. I had to hang around in Metung for about 5 hours before being able to drive on to Melbourne. And that final leg was range anxiety x 10. Traralgon and Lakes Entrance have been ‘coming soon’ for years. Tesla, please, enough already. Some news on what is happening would be very welcome even if the news ain’t good

Reactions: RareEarth
I just looked at some of the council development applications - this is one in Bairnsdale which I saw there several months ago and it's there now (either re-submitted or still up from last time). https://www.eastgippsland.vic.gov.a...ns/322020p_660_666_main_street_bairnsdale.pdf

It's for a new service station & 3 food tenancies. No mention of EV chargers. Lots of car parking. I submitted it to Chargefox as a suggested location. Not sure if they progressed it, maybe worth suggesting to Tesla as well though.

• Informative
Reactions: meloccom
Where are you seeing that?

1643859439424.png