Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lakes Entrance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Any tips for driving to Lakes Entrance? As far as I can tell, there is a fast Tesla destination charger at Stockland shopping center at Traralgon shopping center, and another one at Central Hotel in Lakes Entrance. Which should be more then sufficient.

(I believe superchargers are planned for both locations, but probably won't be installed in time for my trip).

Anything I else I should be aware of?

Regards

I’m pretty sure that with a 100% charge you should be able to get there in one hit. Unless you have a MX75 or MS60.

Otherwise the Stockland is very reliable with 17kw charge rate. And there are a few nice coffeeshops around

Hello,

Any tips for driving to Lakes Entrance? As far as I can tell, there is a fast Tesla destination charger at Stockland shopping center at Traralgon shopping center, and another one at Central Hotel in Lakes Entrance. Which should be more then sufficient.

(I believe superchargers are planned for both locations, but probably won't be installed in time for my trip).

Anything I else I should be aware of?

Regards

Off grid charging at Gippsland Solar at Traralgon East via 2 x destination chargers.

Lakes Entrance RSL also has a Type 2 charger.

If you have some free time... please look out for evidence of:
1) Traralgon - Tesla supercharger
2) Lakes Entrance - Tesla supercharger
3) Traralgon - Ultra-rapid charger

Of course any of these could be in nearby towns. I mean, it's not like you want to spend your holiday away from EV stuff is it? ;)

If you use the one at Gippsland Solar you could quiz them about the location of the planned supercharger, they have a couple of Tesla's and are working with Tesla to get a supercharger in the area.
Apparently Gippy Solar will run you back into Tgon cbd if you want or need a longer charge, plenty of good places for a meal.
Stocklands is in the cbd, their charger is in the underground carpark and may or may not be ICED.

I pan to charge at Traralgon simply because Lakes Entrance is a little bit of an unknown, and would like to have some margin. Although I believe I could make it to Lakes Entrance and back to Traralgon without charging. So presumably I could get from Traralgon and back to Traralgon if I really needed to, but I would really like to charge at Lakes Entrance regardless.

Depending on the accommodation at Lakes Entrance, I may or may not be able to get a 10amp feed through to my car.

If not, I might be somewhat reliant on the charger at Central Hotel in Lakes Entrance. Anybody had experience with this? Do they mind extended periods of charging?

I see that the RSL also has a type 2 charger ("May require EO app to activate"???), but I don't have a type 2 cable - any recommendations?

I guess if nothing else works, there is always the Prime Pet Friendly Tourist Park which might be able to help.

The supercharger at Lakes Entrance would be perfect, however I think it is a good guess it won't be running in time (end of September). Unfortunately.

I pan to charge at Traralgon simply because Lakes Entrance is a little bit of an unknown, and would like to have some margin. Although I believe I could make it to Lakes Entrance and back to Traralgon without charging. So presumably I could get from Traralgon and back to Traralgon if I really needed to, but I would really like to charge at Lakes Entrance regardless.

Depending on the accommodation at Lakes Entrance, I may or may not be able to get a 10amp feed through to my car.

If not, I might be somewhat reliant on the charger at Central Hotel in Lakes Entrance. Anybody had experience with this? Do they mind extended periods of charging?

I see that the RSL also has a type 2 charger ("May require EO app to activate"???), but I don't have a type 2 cable - any recommendations?

I guess if nothing else works, there is always the Prime Pet Friendly Tourist Park which might be able to help.

The supercharger at Lakes Entrance would be perfect, however I think it is a good guess it won't be running in time (end of September). Unfortunately.
Why don't you phone where you would like to charge at LE and ask the questions. That way you can be assured of getting the answers you seek. If you are staying overnight, every hotel/motel has a powerpoint . All you need is your UMC, maybe an extension cord, and an establishment that will give you a parking spot where you can plug in overnight. That will give you the 80k+ buffer you need.

I'm not sure what EO means - probably nothing, and yes you will need a Type 2 - Type 2 charging cable, I bought this one and it works fine (i didn't bother with the charge port opener button), but I included the bag which turned out well made and worth the cost.

I'm not sure what EO means - probably nothing, and yes you will need a Type 2 - Type 2 charging cable, I bought this one and it works fine (i didn't bother with the charge port opener button), but I included the bag which turned out well made and worth the cost.
EO Charging is a Charging network similar to ChargeFox but based in the UK.
EO Charging | Smart electric vehicle charging

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq