Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Land Ends Merge Left/Right

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall, I’ve been pretty pleased with NoAP and the lane-keep assistance functionality of EAP in general, however there are a few areas that I feel could use some fine tuning, especially on longer road trips such as how the AP system handles merging lanes on the highway (not to be confused with an oncoming traffic merge), or when a single highway lane splits into two separate lanes. For reference, I have an 11/18 100D MS on HW 2.5 and MCU2, so I’m curious if the FSD computer will fix this issue in the upcoming AP rewrite that Elon mentioned last month. When I see a “Lane Ends Merge Left/Right” sign or a highway lane divides into two, I will take the car out of AP and manually change lanes so the car doesn’t stutter aggressively or wobble as it calculates the middle of a gradually merging or splitting lane. It’s not a big deal as I've learned to disengage AP and change lanes manually, however I would consider upgrading to HW3 or FSD if there was a noticeable improvement in this regard. Other than that, the car is an absolute joy to drive, especially in the mountains!