Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lane Assist / Departure Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a one week old Model 3 AWD LR but I can't see that the Lane Keeping Assist or Departure Warning system does anything. I tried driving at 50mph on a deserted dual carriageway and deliberately going over the central white line without indicating. Nothing happened.

In my old Leaf, it would warn you and steer the car back into Lane, which is what I was expecting from the Tesla.

Am I missing something?

I have a one week old Model 3 AWD LR but I can't see that the Lane Keeping Assist or Departure Warning system does anything. I tried driving at 50mph on a deserted dual carriageway and deliberately going over the central white line without indicating. Nothing happened.

In my old Leaf, it would warn you and steer the car back into Lane, which is what I was expecting from the Tesla.

Am I missing something?
Are you sure you have them enabled?

Am I missing something?

It knows when you drive deliberately outside the lines. Let it “drift” out and it will take action. Works great.

Reactions: SaloonGoon