Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lane change blinker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched around and can't find any posts about this, but I wanted to see if anyone has has the same issue.

Starting this week, my left lane change blinker doesn't work. You know when you only push the stalk down part way and get three blinks? Now I can't do that -- the blinker just stays on. It is only a problem on the left side, as the right one works fine.

The stalk still feels normal when I push it down, so it doesn't seem like a mechanical problem. Is there a way that it could be software related? Am I the only one?

If it helps, it's a 2019 Model 3 Performance FSD with HW3 and software 2020.36.10

Have the same issue and it was replaced in 2019 but kept occurring, just replaced for second time the other day. Mobile service tech said it's a very common issue but they are interestingly still using the same part revision so despite it being faulty they haven't updated the part.

I have a theory about sampling. I feel like if I flick any stalk, odds are the action will not register, but if I do more of a momentary hold, at either the soft or hard stop, it does much better. I wonder if it needs more than an instantaneous contact in order to register.
agree.

ive a 2020 but sometimes i wont push the stalk down far enough and the blinker wont sense, but if i am more deliberate and more "momentary" as you describe, 100 out of 100 it works.

that's not to say there could be some faulty stalks - looks like there are some out there...

Reactions: Puddles
Yeah, you may need a new steering control module or something like that, the unit that contains both the left/right stalks. Mine had the opposite issue with the right blinker where I would pull it all the way but it would only blink 3 times.

It was replaced, but I still get the occasional time when it doesn't work as expected. The frequency of this decreased over time, so there was definitely some kind of break-in period.