Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lane change warning beep?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
last Saturday, I was driving a Model S. I changed lane without checking the right mirror carefully enough, and a car passed by my side fast. No thing happen to the car, but my wife questioned sharply why the car didn't warn me with sound, like when we are doing parking? Can this be called the safest car ?

I don't know what to say to her. Was it because the software not installed, or I have to turn any option on? Or it simply doesn't have this? I think some other cars has this lane change warning.

Sadly it doesn't beep on AP1 either. You get the visual hint on the main cluster, but that's it.

I'm sure many people have suggested that it beep if it detects another vehicle and you use the turn signal. It was one of the things I noted in my 30 day feedback.

I was always under the impression, from things I've read here and elsewhere, that if a car started drifting into my lane, that AP would veer away from it. I had an extremely rude awakening a week ago that scared the crap out of me.....

I was in the left lane cruising at 70MPH with Autopilot engaged. I was very very slowly passing cars in the right lane. The #$&^%! next to me in the right lane was fiddling with his cellphone and started drifting into my lane. I thought for sure he would notice and correct. When he didn't, I thought for sure AP would veer away. Well, it didn't and this guy got within a couple inches of hitting me before I yanked the wheel and hit the accelerator.

This is a prime example where I first had too much faith in the other driver, and secondly too much faith in the technology. On a side note, I'm more and more impressed at how solid this car is in evasive maneuvers. No body roll, no understeer, no rear wash-out, just solid like it's on rails.

I was always under the impression, from things I've read here and elsewhere, that if a car started drifting into my lane, that AP would veer away from it. I had an extremely rude awakening a week ago that scared the crap out of me.....

I was in the left lane cruising at 70MPH with Autopilot engaged. I was very very slowly passing cars in the right lane. The #$&^%! next to me in the right lane was fiddling with his cellphone and started drifting into my lane. I thought for sure he would notice and correct. When he didn't, I thought for sure AP would veer away. Well, it didn't and this guy got within a couple inches of hitting me before I yanked the wheel and hit the accelerator.

This is a prime example where I first had too much faith in the other driver, and secondly too much faith in the technology. On a side note, I'm more and more impressed at how solid this car is in evasive maneuvers. No body roll, no understeer, no rear wash-out, just solid like it's on rails.
Sounds like the most useful tech in Tesla is still the Ludicrous acceleration?

Reactions: JohnnyG