Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lane change with auto pilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 MS LR. 600 mi. I was driving on CA freeway with auto pilot on. I tried to get out of HOV lane so I pushed the right turn button. The car moved to the lane on my right but did not stay on that lane. It kept moving to the next one which I had to intervene because I did not know if there is traffic on that lane. Scary. Anyone had this experience? Since my vehicle came with off center yoke (waiting for service), would it be the reason?

Unless you are on the Advanced beta FSD, you used to be able to require confirmation before any "automatic" lane change. You can go into the settings and prevent this behavior, unless they removed it. In the Advanced FSD beta, the car will make lane changes for no reason into any lane, even with no other traffic in site on the road, and you cannot stop it except by disabling the FSD. Hopefully, you should still have the confirmation choice on your car.

Unless you are on the Advanced beta FSD, you used to be able to require confirmation before any "automatic" lane change. You can go into the settings and prevent this behavior, unless they removed it. In the Advanced FSD beta, the car will make lane changes for no reason into any lane, even with no other traffic in site on the road, and you cannot stop it except by disabling the FSD. Hopefully, you should still have the confirmation choice on your car.
This only applies to “city mode driving”.

If you are on the highway it’s still “Nav on Autopilot”. The rules change, the display even changes as soon as you get off the highway.

If you see the Nav On AutoPilot button then you are not in city street mode. If you see the Nav On Pilot button and enable it (manually or automatically) then the settings for Nav on AutoPilot apply (confirmation etc. ). When in city street mode it does everything with no confirmation. It doesn’t even warn you it’s about to kill you ;).

There might be some grey areas of what you call the highway vs what it thinks is the highway. But you can tell what it thinks by observing if the Nav on AutoPilot button is visible.

On my car with Advanced Beta FSD with my 99 safety score the car will continually try to move into the left lane for no reason, with no other cars in the vicinity. It also does this on 4 lane "secondary" roads. I cannot override this unwanted and unsafe behavior. Why would Tesla do this?

In climate control settings, blue means engaged, on. Are you saying that blue means it is not engaged on NAV on autopilot?
sorry but you are really confusing things.

You keep talking about Advanced FSD Beta and then you mention 99 Safety score.

If you are on FSD Beta you have no Safety score (it goes away).

Never heard of Advanced FSD Beta. But have heard of FSD Beta.

OP didn’t mention FSD Beta and is on the freeway. So I doubt it has anything to do with FSB Beta which enables City Street Driving. Highway is the same.

Don’t know what blue you are talking about.

sorry but you are really confusing things.

You keep talking about Advanced FSD Beta and then you mention 99 Safety score.

If you are on FSD Beta you have no Safety score (it goes away).

Never heard of Advanced FSD Beta. But have heard of FSD Beta.

OP didn’t mention FSD Beta and is on the freeway. So I doubt it has anything to do with FSB Beta which enables City Street Driving. Highway is the same.

Don’t know what blue you are talking about.
I got the safety score and was invited, and have the advanced beta FSD, not the one that comes with your payment for FSD, which is also Beta. The icon is blue on my Nav on Autopilot when I enter a destination, does that mean it is engaged or not?