TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lane departure activating on roads with no lines

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by BlueWRXPride, Jul 25, 2018.

1. BlueWRXPride

BlueWRXPride Member

On my drive to and from work, my first few roads have no lines on them. I've found that in fairly repeatable locations, the lane departure warning will activate even though I'm in a perfectly acceptable location on the road. Looking at the display, it doesn't show any perceived lane for the car to be in, so I'm not sure why it would think I'm moving out of my lane. Does anyone else experience this?

2. BlueWRXPride

BlueWRXPride Member

so no one else has been seeing this? Trying to determine if it's just an immature SW feature, or if there's something off with the sensors on my car.

3. RyanF

RyanF Member

I’ve noticed this as well on an unmarked road by my house.