Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lane departure doesn't ever warn me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It occurred to me after I drove a rented M3 about a month ago that the lane departure warning never sounds in my car even though I have it on. I don't necessarily want it on but since it is I should be getting warnings. I was on the interstate yesterday and never heard a peep from it. I'd probably want it off anyway for Brooklyn driving because that whole experience is just dodging the double-parked cars and leaving your lane. I turned off all parking sounds for that reason as when squeezing through at slow speeds it would sound constantly.

I think this is just another software bug that Tesla is taking their time getting to. Every now and then Land Departure doesn't warn me either and safety features should work and be a priority to fix, when they don't.

It occurred to me after I drove a rented M3 about a month ago that the lane departure warning never sounds in my car even though I have it on. I don't necessarily want it on but since it is I should be getting warnings. I was on the interstate yesterday and never heard a peep from it. I'd probably want it off anyway for Brooklyn driving because that whole experience is just dodging the double-parked cars and leaving your lane. I turned off all parking sounds for that reason as when squeezing through at slow speeds it would sound constantly.
The car knows the difference between intentional and inadvertent lane departure. If the car thinks you meant to cross the lines, it won't warn (or correct, depending on your settings).
Not sure how to force an inadvertent lane departure, but next time the road curves, try letting it go straight and see if you get the warning.
I get them, periodically, but not regularly. Not sure if it's because I'm an excellent driver, or if the car assumed I meant to do cross the lane