TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

"Lane departure warning" when disengaging autopilot

Discussion in 'Autopilot & Autonomous/FSD' started by mycrew143, Dec 31, 2019.

1. mycrew143

mycrew143 Member

Hi All,

I have moved from a 2017 Model X to to a 2020 Model 3 and wanted to see if anyone else experiencing the same thing I am seeing. When in Autopilot (non-FSD) I can cruise away in a lane but no auto lane change since I do not have FSD. But when I need to change lanes I disengage autopilot by slightly nudging the steering wheel and it goes off and then a second or two after this I change lanes and 90% of the time I get the Lane Departure Warning message and the loud alarms. It is highly annoying. When I change lanes at any other times(without engaging autopilot) I get no such alarms. This alert really is preventing me from using AP. I have come out of autopilot hundreds and hundreds of time in my X the exact same way and no alerts. I think this is a bug that should not happen and should be addressed. If I manually come out of autopilot then changing lanes should not generate an alarm.
    Note that I do not have the Lane Departure Avoidance enabled.

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I have no idea but did you turn on the signal first to avoid the alarm?

3. mycrew143

mycrew143 Member

I am not a blinker kind of guy so no. But still the feature is disabled.