Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lane Departure Warning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Just picked up our new MX over the weekend. Everything was perfect. When comparing to our MS, I noticed the X did not have a lane departure warning (the vibration when nearing the lane line) option like our S does. We are on the same update for both. I've searched the forums, but didn't see mention of this. Any insights on this?

thanks!

I'm on 8.1 and Lane Departure Warning, while does appear in settings and is turned on, does not provide any vibration to the steering wheel. Or I'm not feeling it....

Does it work for everyone?

I have felt it. I thought it was rumble strips or a sticking caliper. I finally realized it was the lane departure. It works and it is noticeable if you pay attention to your car. Where is the blind spot warning and the rear cross traffic notification? While we are at it why doesn't the car have auto high beams? I mean it has three cameras up there. My crappy Jeep had this :)

I didn't order Autopilot, although I have Hardware 2.0. So whenever I get a "sensor based" feature with a download I'm happy. Well the "Lane Departure Warning" feature was underwhelming. Yes, I see that it works but it is not too useful. The vibration is pretty mild. I have seen a lot more noticeable rumble strips. Drove thru LA yesterday and the lane markings are all over the place. So the vibration goes on and off, now and then. The freeway exit I use most, triggers a lane departure when I am just getting from the freeway lane to the off-ramp. I think I'm going to turn it off until I am driving through Utah in the middle of the night.