TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lane holding coming any moment?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sorka, Apr 8, 2015.

1. sorka

sorka Active Member

So the new build page is showing lane holding in the tech package. You wouldn't expect to be able to order that feature and not have it working when you took delivery, right?

2. SherSlick

SherSlick Member

Says "Lane keeping and self parking will be enabled with OTA software updates"

3. Phil K

Phil K Member

Well, it just says it will be enabled with over the air software updates, so there is no promise that it's available when you get the car.

4. silverlb

silverlb New Member

This is really taking longer than I expected... It is such a cool feature.

5. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

That's how we can tell you're new here. :wink:

Essentially, you should assume announced software features will be late. Very late.

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Yes, that is entirely possible. It will show up as an OTA update, eventually. We don't know when.

7. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    With only a couple of weeks around here I am getting the idea. My experience with purchasing is a good case in point, much better than others because there are no outright lies. However, this does seem to be, just as everyone said, a Silicon Valley model.:rolleyes: Past experience with new airplane ownership inures me to late and not-on-spec delivery. I'm still in awe of Tesla. They are magnificent considering that they're breaking most industry conventions all at once; except of course Tesla Finance that reminds me of a slightly lazy unmotivated dealer F&I group. That's why I ended out paying cash.