TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Language disabling.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Fanatic, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

I dont understand the posts in german and french etc. Therefore I would like a function which disable the threads and updates from this ones. I miss a lot of updates in the english part when the other languages are busy in commenting.

2. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

I normally click on "What's New" and get English only. I believe that function brings in English only threads.

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

To clarify, the primary language of this website is English and posts in most sections should be in English. The exception is regional forums where use of the local language is fine. The "What's New" link excludes regional forums from its search.

4. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

Ok thanks

5. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

But the "new threads" list on the "Forums" page doesn't. That's my main source of seeing what's going on. And while I'm grateful that you doubled the number of entries there I wouldn't mind if a) there were even more (how about 20?) and b) they'd also filter by language.

Oh, and I want a pony.

Thanks doug.