Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Laptop/Food Tray for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember seeing such horrible devices back in the 1990s and I though they went away. Now it's back. Now all we need is an autopilot accident with one of these.

Steering Wheel Tray/Laptop Steering Wheel Desk for Tesla

laptoptray.jpg

foodtray.jpg

I'm torn here...

Obviously this is incredibly stupid for use while driving... but unlike most ICE cars, an EV you can sit in with climate running and work for hours like a mobile office if you wanted or needed to, as an alternative to having to go find a starbucks or something to sit in so I could maybe see it for something like that.
The vendor does say not to drive and use this. When these came out 30 years ago they said the same thing but some people still drove with it and they quickly went away.

Yeah, I don't see how this product could be used at all while driving the car, as everything would come off the tray when turning the wheel. It only makes sense to use when parked and looks like it would work very well for eating or working on a computer.

Haha, imagine enabling autopilot on a straight road, then proceed to set up the tray with burger and open drink. Then a sharp curve comes up, you see the tray tilting, instinctively grab the steering wheel and turn it in opposite direction to stop the drink from spilling, and you don't really make it through the turn.