Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Large gap below back seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few weeks ago I had a Tesla ranger come over to fix one my rear doors. In order to do that, he had to remove the back seat. After he put it back, I noticed that there is a rather noticeable gap under the seat.

A few days later another ranger had to check my car for an unrelated problem and I asked about the gap. He said that it did not look right, but after testing he decided that everything seemed to be as secured as it could be, and told me not to worry about it.

I don't know, perhaps the seat was always that way and I had never noticed, but it certainly looks very not right. If nothing else, because of all the dirt that can get in there and mess with the electronics, I guess...

Is this normal or should I ask for a second opinion from Tesla? Thanks!

IMG_1515.jpeg
IMG_1517.jpeg

From my experience, it looks like they pulled up on the seat to remove it, and it bent the wire framing before the clips released. If the clips are fully engaged, like the ranger said they were, but it's still sticking up then that is almost assuredly what happened, they bent it.

• Informative
Reactions: Vinc
From my experience, it looks like they pulled up on the seat to remove it, and it bent the wire framing before the clips released. If the clips are fully engaged, like the ranger said they were, but it's still sticking up then that is almost assuredly what happened, they bent it.

Thank you! I feel weird requesting another ranger visit to look at it, but it looks like there is no way around it. Don't want to wait until the next service and have them tell me that it broke it...