Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Large type (font)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over 70 here, cataracts done quite some time ago, bifocals for a long time. I am also a pilot and have always, as a result, set the bottom lenses to focus out to fully extended arms length -- the distance of the instrument panel in a plane. As a result, the TM3 screen is perfectly and comfortably readable. This means that, for some very up close and small work (electronics and such), I need some extra magnification but that's easy to clip on the bifocals, including flip up and down -- could easily have separate glasses for that work but haven't bothered. All computer screens can set their font size already so those are not a problem. Occasionally, a book with very small print can be a problem but that has happened only once or twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanCar
I understand the issue. FWIW I’ve needed distance vision correction lenses since high school. Of course as the years flew by my near vision also declined. Happens with advancing wisdom.... uhh age.

The magic bullet for me is daily wear disposable soft multifocal contacts. Pop in a fresh pair every morning and have excellent distant, mid and close vision without glasses.

See if your eye doc can fix you up with a trial set.
Thanks for sharing the contacts tip! My husband has the same issue and we'll be headed to the eye doctor to get him contacts to fix this issue. Was there are period of adjustment getting used to the multifocal contacts? or do you feel like it was normal period of adjustment for anyone wearing contacts for the first time? Would love to let him know what to expect as he's never worn contacts before.

Thanks for sharing the contacts tip! My husband has the same issue and we'll be headed to the eye doctor to get him contacts to fix this issue. Was there are period of adjustment getting used to the multifocal contacts? or do you feel like it was normal period of adjustment for anyone wearing contacts for the first time? Would love to let him know what to expect as he's never worn contacts before.
As I recall (been nearly a decade of happy vision) the adjustment period was less than a week. These lenses are very thin and comfortable to wear, I usually keep them in from 6am until 10 pm with no discomfort. Hope they work well for him too.

As I recall (been nearly a decade of happy vision) the adjustment period was less than a week. These lenses are very thin and comfortable to wear, I usually keep them in from 6am until 10 pm with no discomfort. Hope they work well for him too.
thanks for the reply! it'll be a good heads up to give him so he knows that there's an adjustment period and any issues are temporary. hopefully it works out for him.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I also need a larger font. I do not have prscription glasses but use readers for anything past my wrists. Have a heck of a time reading battery, time, and the other stuff on the top line. This is a computer for heaven's sake, it should be easy to change the font in the upper 1/8th of the screen.

Reactions: dp0307
Okay, Okay, Okay, So I have the same problem. I wear bifocals and the screen is blurry through them. One of the things I'm considering is purchasing 2 pair (sun and regular) of glasses with trifocals. OR just additional pair of bifocals that focus on the screen. I also have this problem in my pickup truck...

you'll want to leave feedback via your tesla account for something like this. Posting on this forum, no matter how well the request and responses are worded, is not going to get seen by anyone at Tesla that's in a position to action it.
I have seen this statement before from other forum members. If it's true, then Tesla doesn't deserve to be in business.

I have seen this statement before from other forum members. If it's true, then Tesla doesn't deserve to be in business.

why would you think that? This is a fan-based forum and has no affiliation with Tesla corporate. And given how many posts there are, if you expect Tesla to hire people just to browse these forums for the off chance someone has a feature request, you're delusional. Give your feedback directly to Tesla.

From their corporate website (these directions are for desktop browser as of this posting):

Click "Menu" on the upper left
Click "Support"
Scroll all the way down and click the "Contact Us" button
Choose "Vehicle and App Features" from the dropdown.
Rest should be self-explanatory. You'll either be directed to chat or be given a form to submit your suggestion.

why would you think that? This is a fan-based forum and has no affiliation with Tesla corporate. And given how many posts there are, if you expect Tesla to hire people just to browse these forums for the off chance someone has a feature request, you're delusional. Give your feedback directly to Tesla.

From their corporate website (these directions are for desktop browser as of this posting):

Click "Menu" on the upper left
Click "Support"
Scroll all the way down and click the "Contact Us" button
Choose "Vehicle and App Features" from the dropdown.
Rest should be self-explanatory. You'll either be directed to chat or be given a form to submit your suggestion.
I am an engineer and If I were the head of one of Tesla's design groups I would be looking at this forum on a regular basis. User feedback is a valuable commodity to any customer oriented company. Many companies have people assigned to specifically track social media sites and feed the information to the proper department in the company.

I am an engineer and If I were the head of one of Tesla's design groups I would be looking at this forum on a regular basis. User feedback is a valuable commodity to any customer oriented company. Many companies have people assigned to specifically track social media sites and feed the information to the proper department in the company.

Back in the early days (pre-Model 3) there was some of that. Not a good use of resources at Tesla's scale now. I'm a UXer, and I can assure you scouring internet forums is not an efficient way to get user feedback. The main problem here is that there's no dedicated feedback section in these forums. When Tesla was smaller and the user base was small, this community was also small. It was easier back then to find user feedback. At Tesla's current scale, they will be doing proactive user research and testing, not sitting around in forums waiting for someone to post feedback.

All that aside, if you really want your voice heard, contact the company directly. It's not that hard. And I happen to agree that accessibility is something Tesla hasn't prioritized much.

Reactions: ODWms