Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Largest gaps between Superchargers on US Interstates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plus the Little Rock Supercharger isn't on US-65 (it's 10 miles away).

Although, US-65 runs north,from Clayton, AR and the gap to Springfield, MO, is 467.8 miles, so there's actually a larger gap than 200 miles.
In addition, Springfield, MO to Altoona, IA along US-65 is 348.8 miles.
I thought for sure you would tell me that the path of US-65 is "future Interstate 53" slated for construction to begin in the year 2050 :)

I thought for sure you would tell me that the path of US-65 is "future Interstate 53" slated for construction to begin in the year 2050 :)

Nope. :D (And I wrote that US-65 starts at Clayton, AR. It starts at Clayton, LA).

But I-10 is definitely current, so ...

Splitter!

Robertsdale, AL at a Buc-ee's, splitting a 107.4 mile gap, 34.2 miles form Mobile, AL, and 74 miles to Crestview, FL.

This is one of the two significant Buc-ee's splitters previously identified as part of the partnership agreement.

Exactly. I am still fighting with someone in another thread, who is vociferously arguing that a 255 mile gap between cities still has no need for a Supercharger because it's flyover country and isn't between Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Flyover country uses highways more than interstates and it’s hot, cold, and windy. for my regular 305 route, I’d have to drive 2 hours out of my way to get to supercharger on the interstate and charge for about an hour. Ain’t gonna happen. Campgrounds and 14-50 adapters will have to pull me through

Reactions: GoCanes and kayak1

Tuscaloosa, AL is under construction.

Splitter on both I-20 and I-59 (along a concurrency), of the 144.8 mile gap, 96.6 miles from Meridian, MS, and 49.2 miles to Birmingham, AL.
They were the 20th largest remaining gap on the Interstates.

Thanks, I do see the planned stations now. There are none however in Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas, and only one in Idaho.

Yes. There aren't any _huge_ gaps on the Interstates, but there are definitely gaps.

Largest gaps on Interstates from/to Superchargers in a state:
MT 137.3
ID 126.5
WY 135
SD 143.1
ND 143.1
But also Billings, MT to Miles City, MT (I-90, I-94) 151.7 miles.

Largest gaps on Interstates from/to Superchargers in a state:
MT 137.3
ID 126.5
I live here, attached to that so-called "gap" of 126 miles. It's between Boise and Twin Falls, and is basically nothing at all. I continue to be more angry about the path in the other direction where THE route does not happen to be interstate, so Tesla has willfully ignored it for YEARS. It is over 250 miles, and takes a big multi-hour detour to get to a place that has Supercharger coverage.

It is long overdue that U.S. 95 from Boise to Winnemucca gets dealt with.

Splitter! Kearney, NE will split 102 miles on I-80, 62.4 miles from Gothenburg, NE, 41.9 miles to Grand Island, NE - 41.9 miles.

Splitter! Kearney, NE will split 102 miles on I-80, 62.4 miles from Gothenburg, NE, 41.9 miles to Grand Island, NE - 41.9 miles.
I don't know that a splitter is critical to fill any gaps here but it will certainly give flexibility and offload growing congestion at Grand Island. Its good to see Tesla continuing to expand in the middle of the country instead of just adding capacity to the urban areas. It also sounds like Runza is onboard as another fast food chain hosting Tesla Superchargers, albeit a geographically limited chain.
If you haven't tried a Runza; I recommend trying this cabbage and beef pastry adapted from that brought to Nebraska by eastern European pioneers. It is a good variation on the usual hamburger as fast food on the road. There are good vegetarian Runzas too! It may make you look forward to your drive on I-80 through the boring Platte River valley of Nebraska.

Splitter! Boardman, OR will split 134 miles on I-84 (W), 81.8 from The Dalles, OR and 52.4 miles to Pendleton, OR.

Once all currently identified locations are open, Tesla might only need 100 other new locations to reduce the maximum gap on the Interstates to 100 miles.