Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Largest gaps between Superchargers on US Interstates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's already on the map as a "Coming Soon" location...

According to the thread for that site, the Findus map has shown Coming Soon for Henryetta OK since 2016 !

I don't think Tesla is waiting for people to vote on it; I think they can't make a deal with a host site for some reason. (Maybe the whole town thinks they can stop the transition to electric vehicle and save the fossil fuel industry.)

Pathetic splitter!

On I-44, splits 256.1 miles, 242.1 miles from the start near Wichita Falls, TX, 18.3 miles to Catoosa, OK.
its been “coming soon” for 6 years. There is a Quik Trip there which could be used. Address: 903 E Trudgeon St, Henryetta, OK 74437, United States
And in the thread somebody mentioned that the owner of Rustler's BBQ has offered up their location. No word back from Tesla, although I would think their hours might be an issue.

Reactions: kayak1 and RTPEV
Pathetic splitter!

On I-44, splits 256.1 miles, 242.1 miles from the start near Wichita Falls, TX, 18.3 miles to Catoosa, OK.

And in the thread somebody mentioned that the owner of Rustler's BBQ has offered up their location. No word back from Tesla, although I would think their hours might be an issue.
Thanks though Henryetta OK would be the split from Catoosa to Denison TX

Number of additional Superchargers locations needed on US Interstates (including some future), as at end 10/23/2022, to give maximum gaps along individual Interstates, start-to-end, assuming all current sites on Supercharge.info are opened:
Max SeparationNeeded12/31/2021
251341n/k

Ignores diversions >= 10 miles and urban Superchargers.
Does not require start or end Superchargers.

Splitter! Pathetic Splitter!

On I-10, San Antonio - E Basse Rd TX just splits 103.2 miles, 10.9 miles from San Antonio, TX, 95.7 miles to Flatonia, TX.

On I-35, San Antonio - E Basse Rd TX pathetically splits 173.1 miles, 160.1 miles from Laredo, TX, 16.5 miles to Schertz, TX.
(So pathetic, it won't even change the position of the new split on the table).

• Funny
Reactions: kayak1
The SC gap connecting Alaska to the rest of the US has just closed by a few hundred miles. It's now only 1685 miles between the new SC in Chugiak, AK and the one in Prince George, BC.

Down from 1855 miles - so definitely headed in the right direction. However it is _almost_ possible to do the drive with CCS/CHAdeMO now. Basically the gap between Prince George BC and Watson Lake YT is the major impediment.

@ItsNotAboutTheMoney - according to wikipedia, four major highways in Alaska are considered "interstates". So technically, they could be added to your spreadsheet:

Reactions: Big Earl
Down from 1855 miles - so definitely headed in the right direction. However it is _almost_ possible to do the drive with CCS/CHAdeMO now. Basically the gap between Prince George BC and Watson Lake YT is the major impediment.

@ItsNotAboutTheMoney - according to wikipedia, four major highways in Alaska are considered "interstates". So technically, they could be added to your spreadsheet:

I suppose, although they're a bit of cheat since they're not built to Interstate standards and maintained by Alaska. They're more like US Numbered Highways or state highways. I have "AK-1" in my state highways list.

Splitter(s)! On I-40, one or two may split 114.5 miles.

Moriarty, NM at a Blake's Lotaburger: 36.4 miles from Albuquerque - Louisiana Blvd NE, NM, 80.3 miles to Santa Rosa, NM
Encino, NM at a Bowlin's Flying C Ranch: 72.2 miles from Albuquerque - Louisiana Blvd NE, NM, 42.9 miles to Santa Rosa, NM

Also, added a missing pathetic splitter to the Open table. On I-40 Albuquerque - Louisiana Blvd NE, NM split 116.8 miles, 3.7 miles from Albuquerque, NM, 114.5 miles to Santa Rosa, NM.

Interstates standards or not, it's the only road connection...

If you can find me the actual start and end points of the Interstates I'll record them.
They're unsigned, not on OSM or Google Maps and Wikipedia doesn't have the details, unlike other Interstates and US Numbered Highways..
For example A-1 goes from somewhere in Anchorage to Alcan Border, with a route on AK-1 and then some AK-2 east from Tok.
A-2 is Tok to Fairbanks, so is probably just part of AK-2, although it could be some of
A-3 is Soldotna to Anchorage, which is a chunk of AK-1.
A-4 is Gateway (near Palmer), AK to Fairbanks, AK and seems to match with AK-3.

I think it's just easier to deal with them as numbered state highways.

Reactions: Prairie
Splitter! On I-69 Washington, IN splits 103.5 miles, 47.7 miles from Haubstadt - Ruffian Way, IN, 57.7 miles to Bloomington, IN.
It's also a significant hole-filler, being a splitter on US-50 or US-150.

Reactions: kayak1 and PLUS EV