Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Las Cruces and Mesilla NM charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are driving to NM next week and plan to spend some time in Mesilla. Charge Point lists a private level 2 connection in Mesilla and a couple of open connections in Las Cruces. Has anyone used these connections or have suggestions or comments on them? Thank you

I never had to use them, but researched the Las Cruces stuff a while back and seems like you'd be able to find decent L2s there. I think one of them was at the college and might only be available during business hours though.

We are driving to NM next week and plan to spend some time in Mesilla. Charge Point lists a private level 2 connection in Mesilla and a couple of open connections in Las Cruces. Has anyone used these connections or have suggestions or comments on them? Thank you

The charging stations in Las Cruces/Mesilla are very slow - like your home charger. The best bet is to drive to El Paso (40 miles) and charge at the Super Charger on Airway, right off of I-10 (next to Rudy's BBQ).

Reactions: herrjon
I never had to use them, but researched the Las Cruces stuff a while back and seems like you'd be able to find decent L2s there. I think one of them was at the college and might only be available during business hours though.
Yes, it’s beginning to look like there might be a couple there. I see there is a home owner in Mesilla that has a level 2 charger that they allow for outside use.
The charging stations in Las Cruces/Mesilla are very slow - like your home charger. The best bet is to drive to El Paso (40 miles) and charge at the Super Charger on Airway, right off of I-10 (next to Rudy's BBQ).
Thanks, I was afraid they would be slow.

When we were in Las Cruces NM, we used a Tesla destination charger (9.6 kW/hr) at the Green Offices Building at 166 Roadrunner Pkwy. There are lots of mall shops/restaurants about a half-mile walk from the charger.