Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Las Vegas LINQ V3 Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my favorite thing about this is the destination chargers. dedicated parking for us while staying at the linq and a full charge every morning (not that we used the car much while in vegas, but still)...

i wonder how often they'll change the entrance code. it was the same for all four days we were there late last month.

Reactions: Maaz
This station is all about marketing and publicity. Right in the heart of Las Vegas, solar panels, V3 chargers. Every Tesla owner going to Vegas will go there and post about it in their social media.

No one is going there needing to charge as fast as possible. An urban type charger would have been perfect. V3 chargers are needed at all those interstates that support long distance traveling. I have charged at 200 different superchargers over the years. The worst ones are all along major interstates where there is almost nothing to do. You just wait for the car to have enough to hit the road again. That's where V3 is helping. In places where you have lots of restaurants and shopping, People don't mind taking a longer break. V2 or urban chargers are fine.

I think this location is awesome and does it's job in terms of positive publicity for Tesla. Just wish Tesla would put V3 in where it's most useful and needed.

No one is going there needing to charge as fast as possible

Just wish Tesla would put V3 in where it's most useful and needed.

Hey, on my road trip it was great to have it! I do agree that the location leaves a bit to be desired - 11 minutes overhead to get to and from it, which makes it no better than a 150kW charger. But I definitely used it to get me miles fast and get on my way. I was in the parking lot for about 22 minutes each time. It was a little walk to the restrooms, but I needed to stretch my legs. If I had needed food, I would have had plenty of options. As it was, I just ate some cold pizza I had with me, and got the heck out of there.

my favorite thing about this is the destination chargers. dedicated parking for us while staying at the linq and a full charge every morning (not that we used the car much while in vegas, but still)...

i wonder how often they'll change the entrance code. it was the same for all four days we were there late last month.

same here. I come for the convenience of the vast selection of free destination chargers in a private lot with only tesla owners. Makes me feel comfortable and we now stay exclusively at the linq for this reason.

D7B4FC02-484C-4326-BF73-C1B69A6639B3.jpeg
8891E553-9996-4A4C-ADA7-375EFDAA2F4C.jpeg
Charged here late at night, hard to find with the construction. Was completely empty at 1am and got max rate of 202 kw in my M3 LR

I got 180kW in a Model 3 at 35% SoC or so yesterday, which seems about right. I’ve seen 251kW before.

If your battery is warm and you are not getting the right rate, swap to a different charger!
Glad you did better. I charged right after arriving from Phoenix, so it was plenty warm. I tried 3 stalls before finding one that actually worked, and the rest were full, so not really any other options. I thought one of the points of v3 was to not have to jump stalls to find one that wasn't being shared.

Glad you did better. I charged right after arriving from Phoenix, so it was plenty warm. I tried 3 stalls before finding one that actually worked, and the rest were full, so not really any other options. I thought one of the points of v3 was to not have to jump stalls to find one that wasn't being shared.

Hmm. Seems like there were some reports of problems around the time you were there. I guess they fixed them though.

I’m beginning to think jumping stalls will just have to be always a thing. These electric vehicle chargers don’t seem to be very robust.