Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Las Vegas Model 3 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s official: car is on the way and will be ready for pickup on Tuesday. That’s about 6.5 weeks after the 4 week order was put in. Sure seems like things will be picking up around town with the cars rolling in.

saying-yes-nodding-smiley-emoticon.gif

Please forgive my naive questions:

I am a reservation holder, but have no expectation of delivery until much later in the year.
I never expected the fed tax credit ... so that is no issue.

I have never seen a M3 in person. Does Tesla expect purchasers to configure sight unseen? or without a test drive?

I am going to wait for an interior color other than black or white. I'm counting on there being a beige or tan later in the model run.
My $1k will "hibernate" at Tesla until the right configuration becomes available.

I own homes in Utah and Nevada, and have vehicles registered in both states. Anyone have an idea which state will be the more favorable state to license the M3?

Finally ... I understand the M3 must pay for a charge at a supercharger. How exactly is that done? Is there a card reader on each charger? Are you billed later?

Thanks in advance.

The car has been really fun to drive. Coming from a P85D, there are lists of things I like and also lists of things I miss. I’ll be writing that up. In the mean time...sitting in a tint shop.

The car has been really fun to drive. Coming from a P85D, there are lists of things I like and also lists of things I miss. I’ll be writing that up. In the mean time...sitting in a tint shop.

Just to have an idea - which windows are you tinting and how much is it? Never tinted my car windows, so I have no clue as to how much they should run. Thanks.

Please forgive my naive questions:

I am a reservation holder, but have no expectation of delivery until much later in the year.
I never expected the fed tax credit ... so that is no issue.

I have never seen a M3 in person. Does Tesla expect purchasers to configure sight unseen? or without a test drive?

I am going to wait for an interior color other than black or white. I'm counting on there being a beige or tan later in the model run.
My $1k will "hibernate" at Tesla until the right configuration becomes available.

I own homes in Utah and Nevada, and have vehicles registered in both states. Anyone have an idea which state will be the more favorable state to license the M3?

Finally ... I understand the M3 must pay for a charge at a supercharger. How exactly is that done? Is there a card reader on each charger? Are you billed later?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, for now unless you can find one to look at
Yes, I wouldnt hold my breath for anything other than black or white for a long time
No idea, sorry
Charged by kWh or minute depending on the state. Automatically billed to your Tesla account

Just to have an idea - which windows are you tinting and how much is it? Never tinted my car windows, so I have no clue as to how much they should run. Thanks.

I tinted all the windows except for the very top. I want to see how that performs without tint. I'd be prepared for $400-$600 for a good tint.

I really like how this turned out. (15% on the front windshield, 65% everywhere else.) The only downside is now it's really making me look at aftermarket black wheels. Perhaps sometime down the road.

Attachments

• tint.jpeg
    tint.jpeg
    486.7 KB · Views: 80
Drove by this morning, at least 10 sitting in the lot, still packaged as if they just got off the truck. All colors but silver and about half Aeros half sport wheels, spotted a few vins in the back, most sport wheels as all the Aeros were in front of service door and didn’t want to intrude more than I did:

Midnight silver sport 7800

Black sport 7600

Red sport 8000

Blue aero 5500

White sport 6500

I tinted all the windows except for the very top. I want to see how that performs without tint. I'd be prepared for $400-$600 for a good tint.

I really like how this turned out. (15% on the front windshield, 65% everywhere else.) The only downside is now it's really making me look at aftermarket black wheels. Perhaps sometime down the road.
Looks good. I jave the midnight silver and your picture is helping decide my shade. I think you have your % reversed though. You did 85% in the windshield and 35% everywhere right? The lower the number, the lower amount of light transmission (or just darker). I am getting mine tinted and was debating how much to the fronts. I think your 35% front is pretty dark (and illegal in california). Might go with 45% or 55%. Am holding off on the top as well. Seems to be that window is pretty good at blocking out heat.

By the way, did you the rear glass as a single piece (i.e. the entire rear window) or just part of the rear window?

Last edited: