Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Laser Crystal Paperweight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Doug... You found Steve's flickr.

By the way, they look smaller in person than you might think from the macro closeup photographs...

Also, by the way, SJ's seems to say "Signature One Hundred", but he gets a "Founders Series" car.
Was it always the plan to have ~24 "Founder Series" car made before the Signature 100 started?
Or are the Founder's series cars PART of signature 100?

Last edited:
Yes, Doug... You found Steve's flickr.
I of course found this photo a long time ago but it seemed relevant here. Sorry, I didn't get to comment. (I had to go do something and then went to bed... still on east coast time, though I fly back tonight.)

Also, by the way, SJ's seems to say "Signature One Hundred", but he gets a "Founders Series" car.
Was it always the plan to have ~24 "Founder Series" car made before the Signature 100 started?
Or are the Founder's series cars PART of signature 100?
Yes, this is why I posted the photo. Back in 2006 I only ever heard of the Signature 100. My guess is that the Founders' Series was an after thought. The Sig100 were nearly sold out, but they still needed to be able to sell important investors a car with a good production number. At any rate the Founders' Series has certainly grown over time as more investors have come on board.

Btw, what is it made of? Comments from 2006/early 2007 suggest it's glass. Though, Jason Calacanis says his is Lucite (PMMA plastic). Are the new ones different?

Last edited:
I've had that picture for awhie too. Doug just beat me to posting it.:tongue:

So is that one on your keyboard TEG? Or do you have someone at your workplace that you keep updated on all things Tesla?

Mine (which is not Signature 100, but is not recent either) I think is made of glass. It is pretty heavy for the size, so I would be surprised if it is lucite. Perhaps the later ones changed materials, however.
Well there are some pretty easy ways to find out (both destructive and non).

Given the newer photos that have shown up recently, maybe Tesla has just shipped out a new batch?

Last edited:
Maybe they will ask Tony to ship his to you Tim.

God! How sad would that be!? Don't worry Tony, I wouldn't accept it!

Thankfully, I just got a very apologetic email from the sales dept. After sending a cheerful, "Gee what about mine....?" email, it seems the proverbial "check" is in the mail. I know, I know...don't remind me of the other greatest lies!:wink: