Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last 24 hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Besides taking a massive sedative and sleeping for 24 hours, any ideas on how to keep myself from obsessing over what happens tomorrow am when I pick up my spanking new P90D?

By the way I got midnight silver, grey 21" turbines, and every option except ludicrous mode and the cold weather package.

I stopped by my service center today and actually got a look at my car, which must've arrived the last few days. I ordered it 77 days ago and I don't get to pick it up for another 302.5 hours. How's that for torture?

I may have seen mine, too! I drove by my local sales/service/delivery center yesterday or the day before and saw a red Model S sitting out front, with obvious shipping protection still on it, so I idly wondered if that could be my car. But that was when Tesla still had my car's status listed as "in transit." Today it was changed to "being prepared for delivery" which certainly implies it is at the SC and being prepped, so the car I saw may well have been mine! That greatly increased my excitement level. But I refrained from stopping by today. I drove by and the red car was not in sight, so it may have been in the back or in the shop, and I did not want to be viewed as a pest. But I really did want to stop in and see if that is my car!

Besides taking a massive sedative and sleeping for 24 hours, any ideas on how to keep myself from obsessing over what happens tomorrow am when I pick up my spanking new P90D?

By the way I got midnight silver, grey 21" turbines, and every option except ludicrous mode and the cold weather package.

It must feel really nice having that feeling that your about to get your car, and not only a car a new P90D Nice:cool:

I have notified the dealer. Its only about 120 miles I should be fine. I do not plan on hammering it the whole way home:)

Yeah, nobody ever PLANS to hammer it the whole way home. But then -- the rush, the windup, the shocked expression on the driver of the Dodge Charger... and soon the energy page says you're averaging 500Wh/mi. It's happened more than once.

The car is incredible. I have owned many cars but none have elicited such excitement and interest as the P90DL. On the way home, the wife and I are already talking about getting another car. The car was 100% charged when we arrived and after about 125 miles we returned home with 44% battery. Not bad considering I was playing with all the toys. I really like the passing mode in cruise control. Definitely need to spend some more time on Slacker to get that to my tastes.

We did hammer it a few times and all I can say is WOW.

I may have seen mine, too! I drove by my local sales/service/delivery center yesterday or the day before and saw a red Model S sitting out front, with obvious shipping protection still on it, so I idly wondered if that could be my car. But that was when Tesla still had my car's status listed as "in transit." Today it was changed to "being prepared for delivery" which certainly implies it is at the SC and being prepped, so the car I saw may well have been mine! That greatly increased my excitement level. But I refrained from stopping by today. I drove by and the red car was not in sight, so it may have been in the back or in the shop, and I did not want to be viewed as a pest. But I really did want to stop in and see if that is my car!

You just spent well over a hundred grand. By all means stop in a get a look at that beauty!