Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last car before you ordered your model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SHERIDANTIMP

P3D+ 10/24 order
Nov 1, 2019
Wisconsin
I drove a ‘13 BMW X5 Premium for the last 180,000 miles. It was the best and worst car I have ever owned. When it ran, it was great. Got tired of spending $3-5k every 18 months on repairs. The last straw was an estimate for repairs to the tune of $6,300 because the serpentine belt got pulled into the engine after wrapping around the crank.
I ordered my m3 as my wife drove me ho e from the BMW garage. I was fortunate to find someone that gave me $6k for the car. I should get my Model 3 performance black/black in December.

what’s yours story?

Attachments

• CD9B683A-9D55-4933-94DC-B5929882CE21.jpeg
    CD9B683A-9D55-4933-94DC-B5929882CE21.jpeg
    474.5 KB · Views: 89
2017 Civic Type R

Admittedly a different kind of car. I have a thing about buying cars that are great all-around vehicles. The Type R had 4 doors and a hatch, was fuel efficient, assumedly reliable but was still pretty capable. I did like the looks (they're polarizing to say the least), but was a bit paranoid it drew too much attention to itself. The 3 had been in the back of my mind since it was announced, and increasingly so after I made the mistake of driving a coworker's performance model earlier in the year. Checked the 3 out on a whim before the tax credit dropped by half again and was surprised to find out it wasn't as financially irresponsible of a purchase as I assumed. I drive pretty far for work, so fuel savings was always a consideration for me. Resale on the Type R was pretty high too so it worked out. I do miss the suspension--I'll probably address that with some coilovers.

Bought my M3P+ at the end of June and love every second of it.

2018 Golf R for about 15 months. Before that a 2008 Forester XT with MT and a number of mods. I sold the Golf, which my wife hated, and kept the Forester because I like it. My wife does not drive the Model 3 but vastly prefers the ride compared to my earlier cars. I liked the Golf but the Model 3 is much better.

2001 Saturn SL2 which I really liked and planned on keeping for a long time (until I heard that Tesla was going to have a more affordable EV -- the Model 3). Also had a 2003 Chevy Blazer that got like 14 MPG. My Saturn got 30 MPG and I loved that it's body panels were plastic (no dents!).