Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last car before you ordered your model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1981 Mercury Capri -> 1984 Mercury Capri -> 1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 -> 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra -> 1995 Jeep Wrangler S -> 1981 DeLorean -> 1997 Cadillac Seville STS -> 2008 Jeep Wrangler X -> 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 -> 2012 Chevrolet Volt -> 2014 Tesla Model S P85 -> 2020 Tesla Model 3 P (Base/19s)

Worst Car: 1984 Mercury Capri (the 3.8L V6 with auto trans was an absolutely horrible engine and transmission combination)
Best Car: 2020 Tesla Model 3

Notables:

Back in the 1980's, the Capri was Mercury's version of the Mustang. As a poor kid with a love for Mustangs, the Capri was often cheaper and easier to get. I didn't have a specific preference for the Capri other than it being easier to obtain for a good price.

The 1999 Mustang Cobra was notable for being the first Mustang to come with an independent rear suspension. Purchased new, it also came with a book and a leather jacket.

The 1981 DeLorean is notable for being a DeLorean. If you are interested in a unique project car, this can be a good choice. You can get them for reasonable prices if not already restored, and if not restored, it's probably going to need a lot of stuff fixed. I haven't checked lately, but at the time I had it, there was a sufficient community of enthusiasts and parts suppliers to make a project car person happy.

The 2011 Ford Mustang GT was the first year of the new Coyote DOHC V8 5.0 rated at over 400 HP. It might be the only year of this engine that came with oil squirters under the pistons. It was possible to buy custom door sills for these Mustangs where you could choose the wording and font on the sill (the wording was backlit and looked pretty cool). I removed my custom door sills before selling and still have them in storage.

Out of all these cars, I still have the Teslas, but none of the others. The cars I miss most are the DeLorean and the 2011 Mustang GT. I also miss the winch on the 95 Jeep Wrangler, but the Jeep itself was base model and not particularly notable.

2005 Infiniti G35 sedan. I keep my cars for a very long time. Bought this new and in 15 years have never brought it into a dealer for any repairs (did my own maintenance). Still runs well but beginning to show it’s age, so replacing it with the Model 3.

2017 Cadillac XT5 Platinum. Nothing but good things to say about it.

78CF86CE-133B-47B1-8362-6FA2047D6E3A.jpeg
25E2E2B8-B05D-4628-A471-54B613E87384.jpeg

BMW 5 series 2007. Best car I've ever owned.
Just spent $500 on front breaks, rear needed soon.
Should of placed order for a Model 3 in June. Wanted a AP2.5 Model S, but could only find cars above $70k. I'lI enjoy my Model 3 until Tesla does an exterior refresh on the Model S.
Happy with my decision. Waiting anxiously for my delivery.

Have driven Honda Accord Hybrid since buying it new in 2014. Great car, gets around 50 mpg in warmer months, 45 mpg in winter. Daughter came of driving age this year so she's getting that car. Be good for her with low gas and maintenance costs plus has all modern safety features like ESC, Anti- lock brakes. And I got my new M3 earlier this year to replace it.