Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last Day to Get Certain Colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
News sources say starting Wednesday, Obsidian Black and Midnight Metallic are gone from color choices (you'd have to pay a lot more if you special request it). I'm thinking about jumping in for another one cuz the wife likes the midnight metallic. Who else is jumping in? Just curious.

Deep blue metallic for life y0! :D

In all honesty though ... I think silver metallic is actually nice. It's stealth because it's just very bland. However, that's a pro in my book. It also hides dirt, water spots, scratches chips and dings best. That's a shame they're getting rid of it.

I wouldn't let that influence my decision though. Not unless you were almost ready to pull the trigger anyway. I'd feel more pressure to place an order soon out of fear of not getting my full tax credit before I let color make a difference :)

They're not getting rid of these colors; per Elon's tweet they are increasing the prices of them ('special order') since they're not being ordered much and are therefore in effect a pain in the ass to the production volume goals. Meanwhile, I'm happier than ever to have my 'rare' silver 3!

They're not getting rid of these colors; per Elon's tweet they are increasing the prices of them ('special order') since they're not being ordered much and are therefore in effect a pain in the ass to the production volume goals. Meanwhile, I'm happier than ever to have my 'rare' silver 3!

“In order to increase our production, delivery and service efficiency, we will be removing Metallic Silver and Obsidian Black Metallic as paint options from our online vehicle configurators for Model S, Model X and Model 3. This will be effective on Thursday, September 13, 2018, after which Metallic Silver and Obsidian Black Metallic will be offered only as limited edition colors via special request at a cost of $2,000 only until Friday, September 21, 2018.”

Those colors will be special order until 21st and then not available.

Reactions: suwaneedad