Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last minute 90D design studio orders please check in: Your delivery guidance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks, I've ordered my 90D on June 8th just before it was discontinued and for fiscal reasons in Quebec I opted to buy the 90D instead of the 100D, though I rushed somewhat ahead of my planned purchase timeline in order to take advantage of the government rebate that came with it.

However, having rushed into the order I pushed back production as far as I could which meant delivery in September. Now, since July 1st (coincidence with the DU upgrade announcement?), My Tesla page says delivery expected shifted from early September to October-early November.

That is fine by me BTW, but it does strike my curiosity and I'd like to find out of any of you out there are still pending production on your 90D order and what guidance do you have for delivery?

What I find especially intriguing is how some people report the remaining inventory 90Ds are being aggressively discounted while production of my own 90D is being postponed beyond what I had requested.

Your theory on why is certainly as good as any, and as speculation is certainly entertaining, why not kill time that way... I'm interested in knowing what you think. Cheers!

I would be afraid that they would cancel the 90 and ask that you downgrade to a 75 or pay extra for the 100 after all. You are so beyond the discontinuation date that they never even spec'd the 90D with the new DU.
Not so sure about this:

model=ms&options=AF00,APF0,APH2,APPA,AU01,BCMB,BP00,BR00,BS00,BTX4,CDM0,CH05,CW02,DCF0,DRLH,DSH5,DU00,DV4W,FG00,FR04,HP00,IDCF,INBLB,IX00,LP00,MDLS,ME02,MI01,PF00,PI00,PK00,PMNG,PS01,PX00,QTSB,RENA,RFP2,SC05,SP00,SR01,SU01,TM00,TP00,TR00,UTAB,WTAS,X001,X003,X008,X011,X013,X021,X025,X026,X028,X031,X037,X040,X043,YFFC&rn=...

And in the end a contract remains a contract. The onus is on them to make it good, but I'm not really afraid about that matter. As I said previously, I'll cross the river when I get to the bridge.

Maybe it's just being naive on my part, but even if they were to run out of batteries (which I doubt because they will need to keep at least some inventory of these batteries for warranty/service purposes) I,m sure there are other solutions available out there to find middle ground.

So this is partly the reason I've started this thread is because I see an offset between what Tesla's guidance is for production/delivery of my 90D and how they are apparently getting rid of inventory 90Ds, so I'm wondering if they are planning on reintroducing a new generation of 90kW cars.

I'm pretty curious to see if there are others in a similar situation to know when Tesla plans on producing and delivering their cars.

A less optimistic buyer would be worried that they are going to go out back to one of the loaners and get the 90 battery out of it to satisfy this order. Just giving you something to think about while the build you the best car you have ever owned. :)

A less optimistic buyer would be worried that they are going to go out back to one of the loaners and get the 90 battery out of it to satisfy this order. Just giving you something to think about while the build you the best car you have ever owned. :)
And risk legal action if it were discovered? You think the shorts would be all over this?

I wouldn't factor the probability of that happenning to 0%, but the prospect of that is kind of a reach... I'm pretty sure they'd opt to cancel the order if it came down to that, don't you think?

They could always software limit a current 100 to only 90kw to satisfy the agreement, and give you what you ordered.

Tesla is aware that people will always try to game the system to their advantage. Sometimes they just give a bonus, other times they will create a solution. (might be dependent on their opinion of the intentions of the buyer)

Reactions: BLKMDL3
Uncle Paul, that seems like a nice plan B. With an option to later upgrade to the full 100kW, that could be a smart move by Tesla.

But I'd just like to specify I don't expect Tesla to actually run out of 90kW batteries. I believe they need to keep a certain inventory of those batteries on hand for service purposes. I don't know that replacing a defective 90kW pack with a 100kW in case of a warranty job would be that easy, my understanding is they are different technology and not necessarily plug and play compatible?