Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last minute delivery location changes?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I'm furious with the poor customer service we've received and need to vent. My spouse and I live in central California and chose a delivery date (today) a few weeks ago for our gorgeous, fully loaded Model Y long range. We were told we had to take delivery in Fremont (3 hours away with minimal traffic). Ok, sure, we understand there's nothing near us, lol, so let's make a fun trip out of it! We deserve it bc it's been a ROUGH few months.

Yesterday we drove to Fremont, got a hotel, even got a phone call last night confirming our delivery appt for today! Yay! This morning we receive a text that the delivery location has changed to Fresno (3 hours in the opposite direction) and we need to schedule our delivery time?!?! After phoning a dozen different numbers and receiving nothing but a generic "your call is important to us, please leave a message" we finally reach an actual human that refuses to take ownership of the problem and says "sorry, the system must have done that automatically. There's nothing we can do" and then proceeds to tell me he can't even locate our car to see if it's still in Fremont or en route. So now we're out the costs of the drive and hotel, Tesla doesn't know when our car will even BE in Fresno, and when we eventually receive it the PPF appt we've made will be pushed back a few weeks so we can't even drive our car for probably a month!

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

It sounds like they've started just randomly assigning cars to delivery centers/home delivery as capacity is available. I asked for pickup and got bounced around between 3 locations and still don't know for sure if I'll get pickup or home delivery.

They put themselves in this giant hole by trying to deliver practically all of California's cars in the last week of the month and their delivery staff and customers suffer.

Sorry to hear this. How did the situation end?

It is too late now but I would have recommended to just show up for your original appointment. That way it would likely be easier to connect with a real person.

Good luck and enjoy the car once you get it!