TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Last minute Sydney to Canberra...should I stop at Goulburn?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Homer, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Homer

Homer Member

We've just decided to go visit our friends in Canberra and managed to book a two-bedroom at Hotel Realm at the last minute tonight. We don't love this hotel - it already seemed fairly tired when we stayed not long after it opened - but it has a Tesla destination charger so that is enough for us. Plus we couldn't get into East Hotel on short notice...

Anyway. Should I stop at Goulburn? EVTripPlanner says I can make it to Canberra. But I've never used a Supercharger outside of St Leonards so there is the novelty factor. Are there any other good reasons to stop at Goulburn? (We've already seen the big sheep...)

2. ND100

ND100 Member

Not exactly your question, but you can get into the Realm car park even if you aren't a guest. The Burbury Apartments opposite the Realm are quite good (newer than Realm, owned by the same company, and an apartment setup).

3. Daemon

Daemon Member

If you're starting on 90% there should be no need to stop in Goulburn. I did Sydney-Canberra in the very wet conditions last weekend in my 85D starting at about 95% and arrived with about 10%.

4. Homer

Homer Member

Thanks, I appreciate the responses.

5. alpal

alpal Member

image.jpeg "Check the tyres please."

@Homer - I've stopped at all the superchargers so far except 1. I think you should do it just for the experience and to check out the surrounds. You never know what the future may hold ... and you can advise others.

6. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

I would stop in Goulburn and stay just long enough to avo tea at the Paragon cafe.
    Walk up the street to the left of the park one block to the main road and the Paragon is to the left on the opposite side.

7. eclectricdave

eclectricdave Member

you can charge at the actew chardemo 50kW but need an rfid card. could get one on the spot. im going there in about 10 days.