Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last Sunday drive *BEFORE* Winter/The Holidays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Sorry about the late reply, a member came up with a route that has chargepoint chargers along it:

http://goo.gl/maps/8kR4S

I realize it's long - 43 miles, 1.5 hours - but we don't have to do the entire route.
I'm thinking that we should try and leave from PLYMOUTH around 10:30am, and finish the route by, hopefully, 12:00pm.
I believe that should be ample time for people to reach their final destinations in reasonable time.

What's everyone think ? we on?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, got a good night's sleep and I'm feeling a little more ambitious. So here's a twisty little route down the South Shore starting in Hingham and ending at the level 2 chargers in Plymouth. Google says "43 miles, 1.5 hours."

http://goo.gl/maps/zSc4m

After taking this route, you would return north (if that's where you're going) by Route 3. There are level 2 chargers (Chargepoint tells me, although I haven't seen them) at the Hanover Mall, and also five chargers at the Braintree T stop, both of these locations being off Route 3.

Several people have said morning is best, although I don't know if one could get back to NH by 1 pm - depends when we start. If we meet at 9:30, we're in Plymouth by 11. Would that work for people?

Thank you, I really like this route.

Okay, I was imagining leaving from Hingham, but I guess leaving from Plymouth makes more sense, as people will probably be closer to where they are going when we get done. If the end point is Essington Drive in Hingham, that's in the Shipyard complex, and there are multiple places there to have lunch, if anyone wants to stay and do that.

At most places along the way, it's easy to bail out and get to Route 3 is you need to be moving on.

Sweet, sounds like we're on. Updating the original post (if i can) but here are the details:
Route:
http://goo.gl/maps/8kR4S

Let's plan to leave Plymouth by 10:30am:
35 Russell St, Plymouth, MA - look for the Chargepoint chargers

So far I have the following:
1) Ben
2) Kumar
3) Bhuwan
4) Ed
5) peletourneau
6) LMB
7) Jim
8) anthony

AS always - anyone is welcome Tesla owners (roadster/Model S) or enthusiasts :)

See ya all tomorrow!

New map, with directions going from Plymouth to Hingham.

http://goo.gl/maps/HLFkp

I just got back from driving this route, and I made one change in it - I took us off 3A through Kingston onto a much prettier road. Google says 1 hr 40 minutes, but I did it in 1 hr 30.

For folks who don't want to do that long a drive, it's easy to bail out in Norwell and take Rt. 123 to Route 3 for a quick trip home.

Bhuwan, if you update the first post, would you put this map in please? thanks! See you tomorrow - 10:30 at 35 Russell St. in Plymouth.

Wow! What an incredible day, pics and videos soon.... i hope. Thanks everyone for coming - and Laura/Jude for the guidance - Ed thanks for the route suggestion. Amazing!

For those of you that didn't make it, you missed out! we had 10 cars show up, and drove through so many wonderful towns.

Wow! What an incredible day, pics and videos soon.... i hope. Thanks everyone for coming - and Laura/Jude for the guidance - Ed thanks for the route suggestion. Amazing!

For those of you that didn't make it, you missed out! we had 10 cars show up, and drove through so many wonderful towns.

Yes, thanks again to Laura/Jude! Sorry we had to miss lunch. Couldn't have ordered better weather!!! And thanks in advance to the photographers/videographers.

I'm very upset about having missed everyone. By the time we got ready (after staying up late for the Sox game last night... no comments), and drove the 80 miles, including some traffic spots, we were about 15 minutes behind schedule... so we decided to go to a spot a bit after the start location. Waited there for about 5 minutes, then went further ahead (about half way mark) and waited there for about 20 minutes, hoping that we were ahead and we'd catchup with the rest in between. No luck, so we got to the final destination around 12:15... no luck again. Then we had to get somewhere around 1:30, so we left.

Actually, we saw one of the Teslas heading back half way through as well. We waved, but I should have turned around and asked if he was part of the original rally, and if so, where everyone was. hehehe... My brain just wasn't working.

For the next time, can I recommend that we have the organizer share his/her phone number in case of others running behind? For straglers like myself! :)

All that aside, we still really enjoyed the parts of the drive that we did see. My wife and I give our thanks to the great drive suggestion!

all.jpg

Pics coming slowly, mostly from Jim.