Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last Supercharging Session

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wonder if anyone can confirm if the charging screen in the car display a section at the bottom saying "Paid Supercharging"? This apply for cars that are delivered under the new program where Supercharging is free just for the first owner and not connected to the car like previous.

For those cars at the bottom section there is this section showing the most recent supercharging session and that it did cost 0,00.

My understanding is that this is a difference between newer cars and older cars with free SuC for the lifetime of the car where this particular section on the charging screen does not exist?

Screen shot would be cool. Thanks!

Just for clarification.. This is a screenshot I found in a video on YT.
Those of you who have a car recently delivered, does you Charging screen look like this with the secion "Paid Supercharging" at the bottom?

Tesla charge screen.png

MIne does. I contacted support about it and this is the reply I received.

Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support at Tesla Inc,

You are correct, you have free unlimited supercharging, this is because you got referred and you friend spent on of his 5 free supercharging referrals on you.

This is valid until your vehicle changes owner (you sell it) then it will revert to Limited supercharging of 400kW yearly.

This is why it says paid supercharging, as of 1st January 2017 it cost extra to get free supercharging.

I hope this explains it.

• Informative
Reactions: arcus
@maggo321 - thanks for clarifying that.

I had thought that the section would not be there and appear when the second owner takes over ownership, but wrong I were.

Out of curiosity, did you order your car to exact your specification or did you buy an Inventory car? There might be a difference for those scenarios.

I bought a new inventory car. Had exactly the spec I would have chosen anyway but got it much quicker.

This might be the reason. Your car was factory delivered without free supercharging, e.g. factory code SC04. All cars that are ordered directly with referral link SC05 might not have this "paid supercharging".

Anyone out there who ordered a car to own specification and used the referral link to get free Supercharging. Do you have this "paid supercharging" section as pictured above?

Thanks!

Bumping this question... Does everyone who bought an inventory car still got this "Paid Supercharging" section visible on the charge screen even though the last charge session always says 0,00?
I can confirm that mine does (bought in July). As long as it shows 0 balance on the screen and in your MyTesla profile, nothing to be concerned about.