Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last update 48.26 Netflix [not working]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the past I could watch Netflix in the car, in the mall parking lot. With the last update it is asking for a wifi connection but I have paid for the Tesla in car data plan. I am doing something wrong?

I just checked and it works for me too. The tesla data plan is a monthly charge (but you likely know that). Sometimes they have issues with billing etc. I would check your tesla account to ensure that you have actually been billed for premium connectivity this month, and that it didnt expire for some reason like expired credit card, etc.

I decided to check after your post. Mine works, but I had trouble exiting Netflix.

The screen briefly froze black. I poked at the black screen and my trunk opened. I assume I poked the location where open trunk button is located. After a few more seconds the screen finally displayed the controls again. The joy of driving a vehicle perpetually in "beta".

Bonus - you can click the lightning bolt while charging to bring up the charge screen. Ever since the Christmas update the touch location on the bolt is off by about 1/2 an inch. If you touch squarely on the bolt it won't pick up your touch. I assume it is because when they changed the GUI and expanded the non-map portion they forgot to update this particular touch point.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Bonus - you can click the lightning bolt while charging to bring up the charge screen. Ever since the Christmas update the touch location on the bolt is off by about 1/2 an inch. If you touch squarely on the bolt it won't pick up your touch. I assume it is because when they changed the GUI and expanded the non-map portion they forgot to update this particular touch point.

I always just touch the battery icon, so I’ve never run into this peobblem. But a very interesting observation. And more proof that this was a very half baked UI.

I can't see Netflix except in my house, when connected to Wi-Fi. Not even with our phones as 'HotSpot'. And can't see anything else either, from YouTube to any 'streaming' options. So that 'premium connectivity' is useless for us. Why the hell have a Tesla that has no HotSpot Wi-Fi, to watch a movie while charging? Even my stupid Ford cars have that. Probably not going to renew that crap.