Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last weekend, I had to put 15gal of fuel in my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think OP used 3 x 5 gallon containers. Might fit perfect in the footwell
Exactly
63753ab192c94bd6bba6ed72e4f88b3d.jpg

Nasty habits you people have.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a gas riding mower and I'm doing all I can to avoid having to do this. I hope to replace it with a battery-electric riding mower as soon as next year, provided it can easily mow over an acre and the price is acceptable. In the meantime, it helps to live with family who have ICE cars and are willing to go near a gas station. If worst comes to worst, I'll see about putting it in the frunk to keep the fumes and smell out, as I do when I pick up pizza. I replaced the gas string trimmer with this one back in March and I like it a lot.

This guy gets it.

;)

I have a gas riding mower and I'm doing all I can to avoid having to do this. I hope to replace it with a battery-electric riding mower as soon as next year, provided it can easily mow over an acre and the price is acceptable. In the meantime, it helps to live with family who have ICE cars and are willing to go near a gas station. If worst comes to worst, I'll see about putting it in the frunk to keep the fumes and smell out, as I do when I pick up pizza. I replaced the gas string trimmer with this one back in March and I like it a lot.

8dcfa21167060d2b8fc9838358d5a0c4.jpg

:)

Nasty habits you people have.

Funny how these things go. 5 Years ago I bought a WorX battery lawnmower (Lead Acid). At that time I paid $400 CAD for it. Replacement batteries were sold for $100 CAD and would last around 3 years for my use (12 000sq ft). Fast forward 3 years : the battery is dying. Replacement batteries are now only sold in the US for $200 USD + Shipping (lead acid shipping is a PITA). Total price would be more than what I paid for the lawnmower... so early last year I bought a Toro with a honda engine. It will probably last me 15years or more...

I was the most "green guy" around with my Battery mower 5 years ago.. and now that I own the Tesla, I use a gaz powered mower!

As for the boat, find me an Electric 20' bow rider with around 200HP that can ride for 4-5h for less than $50K and I'm buying! I have a Regal 1900 that cost less than $30K and it takes around $20 of gaz per hours (that with gaz at $1.30 a liter.. around $5 a gallon!). I only do around 40-50hours/year so an electric conversion does not make sense at all.

Based on some quick and dirty calculations, one could put 493 gallons of fuel in a Tesla, if one goes by the cubic footage of storage space available in back and frunk combined. Not that one would want to have any amount let alone 493 gallons of fuel sloshing around in a Tesla, but in theory... :)