Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Late-2010 Roadster 2.5 - Twilight Blue - Original Owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

strider

Oct 20, 2010
NE Oklahoma
Hi Everyone,

As the family is growing up, I have ordered a Model X Plaid. Unfortunately, that means I need to make space in the garage. So it is with a heavy heart that I am listing my Roadster for sale.

I am the original owner. I bought it new in November, 2010. Car is located in Tulsa, OK.

Details:
- 2010 Version 2.5 Roadster
- VIN 1098 of 1464 (North American Production)
- Twilight Blue Premium Paint
- Black Leather Interior
- Silver Forged Aluminum Wheels
- Premium Infotainment Group - 7" Double-DIN Touchscreen w/ Navigation, Bluetooth, Homelink, and 7-Speaker Premium Audio + Subwoofer
- Double-Insulated Black Soft Top
- Solar Windshield
- Stage 3 (highest) sound reduction kit
- Factory HID headlights
- Carbon Fiber Door Sills
- Ceramic Coated paint
- Carbotech brake pads (I think I still have the factory pads but not 100% sure)
- 2-piece slotted Titanium Rotors (Factory rotors included) Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors
- Factory 110V Spare Mobile Connector - NEMA 5-15 Plug
- Factory 240V Universal Mobile Connector - NEMA 14-50 and 6-30 Plugs
- HSharp Billet aluminum J1772 (CAN-JR) and modern (S/3/X/Y) Tesla (CAN-SR) charging adapters
- Billet Front License Plate Bracket - uses tow hook receptacle to attach a front license plate without drilling the bumper

71,640 miles
Range mode charge: 199 miles
Standard mode charge: 159 miles
CAC: 131

Issues:
TPMS is not functional. This is a common issue with the 2.5s. We have replaced the sensors and front/rear antennas without success. The next step was to replace the TPMS module in the dash. IIRC it was ~$500 for the module plus labor (but this was at least 5 years ago). I was more worried about them ripping out the dash and getting everything back in correctly than I was about just using a tire gauge so there it is.

The date on the VDS is incorrect. The date and time are pulled from the car's onboard Garmin GPS unit (separate from the GPS unit used by the NAV system). This Garmin unit has a week-rollover bug (similar to the old Y2K problems) so the date becomes off over time. I am told this is a simple software update at a Service Center, ~1 hour of labor. However, I would have to go to Dallas to have this done. I am working on getting my old Mobile Tech to bodge something together (he used to support the Roadsters here before he was promoted up to run Service for the whole state) but he is on medical leave at the moment and won't be back for several weeks) but if the car sells before I fix this I will make a $500 allowance on the price to have this fixed.

Otherwise the car is great. It was my daily driver for it's first 6 years. Since then I have worked from home and it has just been our fun car. It has been well cared for and always garaged but it has been a driver. For example, there are a couple of repaired chips in the windshield. Pictures in the next post.

$115,000. Happy to answer any questions.

IMG_2703 copy.JPG

IMG_2700 copy.JPG

IMG_2699 copy.JPG

IMG_2701 copy.JPG

IMG_2702 copy.JPG

IMG_2705 copy.JPG

IMG_2707 copy.JPG

IMG_2709 copy.JPG

IMG_2710 copy.JPG

IMG_2711 copy.JPG

Reactions: GSP
As the family is growing up, I have ordered a Model X Plaid. Unfortunately, that means I need to make space in the garage. So it is with a heavy heart that I am listing my Roadster for sale.
I guess your HOA don't allow to keep a car parked in your driveway.
(If storage space was not the issue) I would prefer to die than to have to sale it...
If you could preserve it, in ten or twenty year this beauty would become a collectioner dream.

Fantastic and highly detailed listing on a beautiful Roadster with all the best upgrades! Price is a steal considering the rarity of 2.5's on the market and recent sale prices. Best of luck with the sale!
If I was looking for a Roadster I would buy this one. Like you said it has some very practical options/features and you don't see many 2.5s.