Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Late-2011 Roadster 2.5 Sport - Thunder Gray - Heavily Optioned - 6,400 Miles - $72,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DeedWest

2008 VP & 2011 2.5 Sport
Feb 5, 2014
Dallas, TX
Hi all. As I have recently acquired the exact dream Roadster I've been searching for, I am selling my other 2011 2.5 Sport. I am OCD about providing a completely transparent history, so I will attempt to outline everything I know about the car below. I apologize in advance for the novel. Heads up - this is also the only Roadster on the market with an existing warranty, which is increasingly hard to find nowadays.

IMG_3755.jpeg

HISTORY -
I purchased this car, bricked (dead battery; inoperable), from its original owner who let it die in his garage in September 2018. That being said, I am the second owner. I brought it to Dallas, where I sourced a battery from Tesla. Two months later, she was happily on the road - with a remanufactured battery for $17,000 and a two-year, 24,000 mile warranty from Tesla. This warranty is in effect until December 2020, or 22,398 miles. She is now just over 6,400 miles.

FACTORY OPTIONS - $160K Original MSRP
- 2011 2.5 Sport - VIN 1414 of 1464 (North America)
- Sport Upgrade - 0-60 in 3.7 Seconds; 288-HP & 295 FT/LB Torque; 10-Way Adjustable Suspension; Forged Wheels
- Thunder Gray Premium Paint
- Exterior Carbon Fiber Side Ducts & Rear Spoiler
- Executive Black Interior with Dark Gray Seats & Door Panels w/ Interior Carbon Fiber Accent Group
- Black Forged Aluminum Wheels
- Infotainment Group - 7" Double-DIN Touchscreen w/ Navigation, Bluetooth, Homelink, and 7-Speaker Premium Audio + Subwoofer
- Solar Guard Windshield
- Double-Insulated Black Soft Top
- OEM 110V Mobile Connector
- OEM J1772 Public Charging Adapter

CONDITION -
EXTERIOR - has been paint-corrected, polished, and sealed professionally - a condition rating of 98/100.
INTERIOR - has a rating of 93/100, mostly due to a few scuffs on the carbon fiber doorsills, which were done by the prior owner. Apart from the sills, the interior and seats are collector's quality. There are virtually no squeaks or rattles compared to the other Roadsters I've driven.
WHEELS - they do not have curb rash, dents, or warping.
SOFT TOP - recently re-upholstered by a local shop and is in exceptional shape.
TIRES - Continental ExtremeContact Sports all around. 195/50/16 in front; 225/45/17 in rear. These cut road noise down significantly while providing maximum grip coupled with the actual ability to drive in the rain. You're welcome.

MILEAGE - 6,438

SERVICE HISTORY -

According to the original owner, the entire HVAC system was replaced and upgraded in 2018 before it was bricked. This would explain why the A/C output and active cooling while charging is superior to my other two Roadsters.
ESS (Remanufactured) - Added December 5, 2018 ($17,000 installed)
Brake Fluid Flush - Performed December 5, 2018 ($248 performed)
12V Battery (Upgraded) - Added December 19, 2018 ($220 installed)
(4) Continental ExtremeContact Sport Tires - Added January 2, 2019 ($613 installed)
Annual Service - Performed April 11, 2019 ($600 performed); PEM issued clean bill of health
(4) TPMS Sensors Replaced - Added April 11, 2019 ($195 performed)
Rear Badge Replaced - Added July 10, 2019 ($35 performed)

LOCATION - Dallas, TX

ASKING PRICE - $72,000
Please contact me if you're interested. I am happy to assist with shipping and happy to discuss pricing. This is a collector's quality Roadster - one of the last 50 produced - with a warranty. This is a chance to own a gray-t example of the car that's hanging out in space. There were less than 1,520 produced in North America. She deserves a loving home, preferably beside some younger Tesla siblings.

IMG_3758.jpeg

IMG_3759.jpeg

IMG_3752.jpeg

IMG_3760.jpeg

IMG_3753.jpeg

IMG_3754.jpeg

IMG_3748.jpeg

(hello to my pants)

IMG_3749.jpeg

IMG_3750.jpeg

Thank you for looking!

if you'd listed this a week earlier!

i just got almost the identical 2.0 sport . . .
Today's Roadster Orphan

i thought the factory exterior CF included the hood CF . . . or were the ducts & spoiler ala carte?

You got yourself one beautiful car! Congratulations on 667.

On original configurations, CF parts could be ordered on their own. For this car, the original owner wanted both a CF and a Thunder Gray hood. The latter is what is currently installed. The CF hood was given to a friend who was repairing a wrecked Roadster.

This one sold last October and is happily living in the Bay Area next to a few other Tesla’s!

My apologies for not updating this thread.

However, I am assisting a friend with the sale of two of his Roadsters shortly. I’ll add a link to those on here as well.