Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Late 2014 Model S with AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a late 2014 S with Autopilot. Would like a P85/P85+ but they probably won't fit my budget of $56,500 ($60k after taxes and registration).

Must haves: autopilot, pano, leather
Could have: smart air suspension (preferred), 21" wheels, child seats
Don't care about: ultra hi-fi sound, interior trim type (piano black is fine)
Exterior color preference: black, white or pearl, red, blue, grey
Interior color preference: black or grey; don't like tan very much

I'm located in the Atlanta, GA area, but shipping or flying out/driving it back is an option for the right deal.

IMHO... I think you the lack of response is based on 2 reasons

1. You are way off the mark on price. there isn't a 2014 P85 or P85+ WITHOUT AP for that price range. Remember a P85+ without AP originally sold for 125K+ (was was 128K new)

2. a 2014 P85 or 85+ with AP is called by some a "unicorn" car... some say there were only about 200-250 total that were made in that configuration, combine that with your desire for a 3rd row seat and I would bet you have a better shot at the lottery. Also people tend to believe that the rarity of this model has a value of it's own and those that have them would likely not want to part with them OR want a price north of 75K. In fact i think if you actually find one you will see that they are priced at almost the same price as a newer 85D

In short i don't think you can touch any "85" AP car for under 75K I shopped for 3-4 months before I bought my P85+ and AP was just simply not in my budget. The best deal i found was 77K for a 85D and that was just about 3 months ago.

If you NEED AP and you have that kind of budget I would assume that you could possibly find a 70D in the low 60s at best. like the one below...you give up some range and performance but if AP is your main goal it is the only thing remotely close to the budget you want to stick to ...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...2015&searchRadius=0&listingId=440862621&Log=0

Staying in the sub 60K budget will get you a 2014 S85 (no P) without AP at the very most... there are a few of them out there, But with your budget AP isn't even remotely an option.

I would also recommend a private seller only because then you have the option of extending out the warranty.. (which is a 4K option) I did this because i couldn't imagine buying such an expensive car and having 18 months of warranty left. Only the original owner can extend the warranty... or you could consider a 2013 CPO which comes with a 4 yr warranty.

Lastly you should know your state laws... In Nevada you don't pay sales tax on a used car from a private seller this allowed me to stretch my budget knowing I was saving about 6-7K on sales tax and allowed me to get the 4K extended warranty.

Hope this is helpful... not trying to be a buzz killer but what you want in the budget you have just flat out does not exist.

Good luck

• Informative
Reactions: sbtz
I'm looking for a late 2014 S with Autopilot. Would like a P85/P85+ but they probably won't fit my budget of $56,500 ($60k after taxes and registration).

Must haves: autopilot, pano, leather
Could have: smart air suspension (preferred), 21" wheels, child seats
Don't care about: ultra hi-fi sound, interior trim type (piano black is fine)
Exterior color preference: black, white or pearl, red, blue, grey
Interior color preference: black or grey; don't like tan very much

I'm located in the Atlanta, GA area, but shipping or flying out/driving it back is an option for the right deal.

Took me a long while to find a CPO close to that spec, and it was 15% more than you are looking to spend (without pano, which I did not want, and S60) - current closest was 70K on Wednesday. If you want to get great S85 (and indeed P85) options at your budget, you'll have to drop AP - it's the only thing preventing you getting a great car. Was essential for me, which is why we'll be in an S60 for now.

I wasn't really expecting to get the P85 in my price range, but I didn't want to rule it out either. I just said late model 2014 with AP. I'm really looking for the S85 in that range, but I might be willing to stretch a bit more ($60k) for the right deal on a P85. I'm not spending $70-$75k on a late 2014 P85, when I've seen prices like this:
  • 2015 85D with my minimum options go for $65k on ebay buy-it-now
  • 2015 90D with good options sell for $74k on CPO
  • Fully loaded Inventory 2015 90D sell for $69.2k and it qualified for the tax credits
  • CPO 2016 S75 new bodystyle (facelift) with next gen, pano, and premium package with 3k miles sold for $68k this week
  • Another less optioned (textile seats, body color roof) CPO 2016 facelift S75 sold for $62k
I have the historical sales from ev-cpo.com, so I know what the good ones have sold for. Most others are priced high and then Tesla discounts them over time until they sell, especially at the end-of-quarter push for sales quotas. All those are with a fresh 4yr/50k warranty, so private party sales need to be less than a comparable CPO, unless it already has the ESA. Then I would argue it should be on par, if not maybe $1k-$2k more since it's covered for a total of 8yrs/100k miles.

I have found a few nice ones at ICE dealers on the east coast...
  • S85 with AP, pano, leather, black alcantara headliner, carbon fiber, 19" cyclones, sub zero, and 19k miles for $57.5k. My best find, but it was pretty far from me and sold before I could arrange funding.
  • A fully loaded (all options except rear jump seats) S85 with AP and 36k miles for $59.9k. Was just a little too much and they wouldn't negotiate.
  • Two different Dec '14 S60 cars with AP (one with supercharging, the other without) for $54k and $53k respectively. I could scoop one of those up, but wanted the 85 battery, especially if I could get one for just ~$3k more than those S60's.

I have at least one lead from this thread, so maybe if all goes well, I will be a Tesla owner soon. If not, then I'll post that I am still looking.

Well I had one lead for an S85 w/AP in my price range, then this P85 showed up, so I bought it. Just what I wanted, plus more for $60k. It has the tan interior but I don't mind for the deal I got.

Model S P85 - Autopilot - 27k miles - $60k

For those still looking, here are a few decent deals.

$53,444 2014 S60 with AP, pano, leather, supercharging enabled, 23k miles: 2014 Tesla Model S Base, $53444 - Cars.com | Cars.com

$67,997 2015 85D with AP, pano, leather, carbon fiber, 32k miles: 2015 Tesla Model S 85D, $67997 - Cars.com | Cars.com

Fully loaded (all options) pearl white 2014 S85 with AP, 65k miles, $56.5k. Contact me for details (Not listed)

Last edited: