Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Late 2016 / Early 2017 S Owners: How Are Your Daytime Running Lights Holding Up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoa great timing. Mine burned up over the weekend....just got a ping from the service center and figured I'd check here. Looks like it is more common than I expected. MS75 ~ March 2017 build date. Passenger side upper portion of DLR not illuminating.

I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t replace these out of warranty. I would probably just stick some reflective tape over the burned out strip. My Model S is going to be pretty ghetto in a few years. It’s also going to have yellow bordered screen with a broken browser and I’m going to have crawl in through the hatchback after all of my door handles fail.

From what we gather, the newest MS has the same assembly, right?
Apparently so. My 2019 Raven S P+L with 11,934 miles has the dreaded eyebrow LED burnout. Scheduled for replacement 10/22/2019

IMG_3311.jpeg

Holey shamoley! I wasn't aware this affected the newer models! And you have almost 12K miles on a 2019 model? Do you ever park it?

I have an average ~100 mile a day commute and my car is also the family weekend toter car. Tesla has been the best thing to happen to my "commute" ever. Free HOV PayPerUse lane .06 per kWh charging at home and with the new Raven S P+L performance and efficiency and comfort its even lightyears better than my first S85D from '15. The dying headlights though.....still plaguing me....

Tesla has been the best thing to happen to my "commute" ever. Free HOV PayPerUse lane .06 per kWh charging at home and with the new Raven S P+L performance and efficiency and comfort its even lightyears better than my first S85D from '15. The dying headlights though.....still plaguing me....

Livin' the dream, eh? Well........except for the headlights. And your electrical rate is almost half what it is here and I thought I had it pretty good. :eek:

• Love
Reactions: boonedocks
In addition to a few other issues, my driver's side headlight assembly was replaced yesterday. Picked up car today....but the new driver's side signature light (eyebrow) has a distinctly different hue to it. It looks slightly yellow as compared to the bluish hue on the passenger side. They ordered me a different driver's side light and will send mobile to replace once it arrives.

I'm not sure that Tesla is motivated to get an actual fix, but I'm sure the supplier is. Each one that gets replaced is costing them money and eating into their profits.

I was disappointed to read above that even Raven cars have this issue. I'm betting that the supplier still doesn't have an actual fix.

I bet after a few months, Tesla will call it an esthetic issue and will stop replacing it. Same crap they did with yellowing MCU.

I love the car, but I'll be really tempted to try a different EV next time. Just because Tesla pisses on its customers and even don't call it rain.

In addition to a few other issues, my driver's side headlight assembly was replaced yesterday. Picked up car today....but the new driver's side signature light (eyebrow) has a distinctly different hue to it. It looks slightly yellow as compared to the bluish hue on the passenger side. They ordered me a different driver's side light and will send mobile to replace once it arrives.

I'm not sure that Tesla is motivated to get an actual fix, but I'm sure the supplier is. Each one that gets replaced is costing them money and eating into their profits.

I was disappointed to read above that even Raven cars have this issue. I'm betting that the supplier still doesn't have an actual fix.