Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Late 2016 / Early 2017 S Owners: How Are Your Daytime Running Lights Holding Up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally had my December 2016 Model S eyebrow go out. I sent a message to tesla asking which revision they would replace my headlights to and they said that they will replace them with a revision G when I checked the invoice and picked up my car today I noticed that they installed this version I can't find this version anywhere online 1065041-00-E

I have a 2017 mode s, 1st set of lights replaced under warranty due to blown eyebrows around 2019 with 45k miles. I believe they were revision D. Both are now dying agin at near 95k miles. The replacement are not better than the original. Not going to replace them out of warranty, just hope they will both burn out so it looks even.
I have yet to hear of any issues with revision G. Could just be too new yet.

Does anybody know why Tesla changed the headlights part numbers from 1053570-00-G to 1053570-99-G and 1053571-00-G to 1053571-99-G ?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.1 KB · Views: 145
Finally had my December 2016 Model S eyebrow go out. I sent a message to tesla asking which revision they would replace my headlights to and they said that they will replace them with a revision G when I checked the invoice and picked up my car today I noticed that they installed this version I can't find this version anywhere online 1065041-00-E

Thanks! This is useful to know.

Is this covered by the factory warranty as well as the ESA extended warranty?

Do the G revision lights perform better? The lights in my car suck compared to the bi-xenon lights I had in my 2007(!!!) E550. I had the service center aim them a bit higher and that helps but still the light pattern is uneven at night.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Is this covered by the factory warranty as well as the ESA extended warranty?
Yes, the assembly replacement should be covered under the factory 4yr/50k mile warranty. I had three assemblies for my June 2016 built MS90D replaced while under warranty.

I do not have direct experience with the ESA, but would also think it would be covered. Remember, the ESA covers a $200 per usage co-pay. Note I say per usage; you can bundle multiple repairs in one visit (say both headlights plus a door handle just as an example) and should only pay one $200 fee, not per each item repaired. Now do those same multiple items and individual service events and you'll pay $200 each time.

As I posted recently (just a page or so ago) I had a car with ESA that I had to part with $200 for a repair on. I decided that to maximize my dollar spent I would go over the car with a fine tooth comb and add everything I could find to the list as well. After all, the only thing worse than spending $200 for a repair is having a 2nd one come up shortly afterwards that I maybe could have caught beforehand. There was about 5 items on said list to include a headlight (this issue) and a taillight (the moisture/condensation issue) and they replaced both w/o batting an eyelash. There was some previous debate abut if it was covered or not and I'm not sure where that comes from, to be honest. I'm sure that some crappy Service Center out there (there's lots of them in the Tesla universe) denied someone unless it was fully burnt out. If that happened to someone, that's more of an isolated incident where the person who has the car and ESA is in the right and they need to lean on their Service Center until they fix it. This is the same advice I would give to you.

Did you look at the full comments? Specifically the two items which I have highlighted below?
  • This is an OEM used part.
  • MISSING 3 TAB SEE PIC 6-10. WILL NEED REPAIR.
  • PLEASE MATCH THE PART NUMBER.
  • The part is in great used working condition with wear from previous and age.
  • Please refer to the photos for additional condition details.
Others are probably more savvy on what the missing 3 tab comments mean. I tried looking at the pictures, and without ever having removed one know exactly what to look for, but you'll need to be prepared to do some work on it first.

Also, while it says in "great used working condition", some could consider the typical yellowing/fading of the eyebrow as "with wear from age".

Just my two cents worth, but then I'm the type of person that is always a bit skeptical about claims of used items being "in great used working condition". Many times the sellers idea of great condition and mine are not the same.

Did you look at the full comments? Specifically the two items which I have highlighted below?
  • This is an OEM used part.
  • MISSING 3 TAB SEE PIC 6-10. WILL NEED REPAIR.
  • PLEASE MATCH THE PART NUMBER.
  • The part is in great used working condition with wear from previous and age.
  • Please refer to the photos for additional condition details.
Others are probably more savvy on what the missing 3 tab comments mean. I tried looking at the pictures, and without ever having removed one know exactly what to look for, but you'll need to be prepared to do some work on it first.

Also, while it says in "great used working condition", some could consider the typical yellowing/fading of the eyebrow as "with wear from age".

Just my two cents worth, but then I'm the type of person that is always a bit skeptical about claims of used items being "in great used working condition". Many times the sellers idea of great condition and mine are not the same.

Yea good points. The only ones I could find in decent shape are C revisions though. Where the heck are people finding F and G