Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Late 2016 / Early 2017 S Owners: How Are Your Daytime Running Lights Holding Up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had bought G revisions on both sides back in July on Ebay. It was more of scratch and dent kinda Inventory someone was selling it. $150 Each.
I've been on the lookout for good condition of these G lights for the past few months. How much of an issue are broken tabs? would they be fixable by Tesla? my service centre guy said if I bring in the lights, they can replace them for me.

I've been on the lookout for good condition of these G lights for the past few months. How much of an issue are broken tabs? would they be fixable by Tesla? my service centre guy said if I bring in the lights, they can replace them for me.
Had a G suffix with one broken tab installed. Putting a small washer on anchored it securely. Was told by local Tesla service they only would install OEMs...i.e. plastic wrap still on etc. Ebay $215.

Reactions: vraev
Well if anyone sees a decent driver side G revision would appreciate updating this thread. I've been checkint eBay the past two weeks but no luck
Have you thought about rolling up on a Friday afternoon at an authorized Tesla repair center with a wad of cash?

My experience has been to those guys can only install matching pairs so they always have bins of older headlamps sitting around.

This is a long thread! I was just wondering if any in the land of the free (the USA, that is!) have tried a class action against Tesla for a design fault on these?
I don't understand what the basis of the claim for suit. The manufacturer warranty to my knowledge has been applied with replacements at no cost. Outside of warranty, I don't see what their liability or responsibility is to provide a component that never fails.

Just my opinion. Others may feel differently.

I don't understand what the basis of the claim for suit. The manufacturer warranty to my knowledge has been applied with replacements at no cost. Outside of warranty, I don't see what their liability or responsibility is to provide a component that never fails.

Just my opinion. Others may feel differently.
I kind of agree. Also, there doesn't seem to have any security issues as the DLR are purely cosmetic (But really bothering).

DLR's are not just cosmetic... they are a proven safety feature…
I thought so too but maybe not. From that NHTSA study abstract…

“The analysis found that DRLs have no statistically significant overall effects on the three target crashes. When combining these three target crashes into one target crash, the DRL effects were also not statistically significant.”

Last edited:
Have you thought about rolling up on a Friday afternoon at an authorized Tesla repair center with a wad of cash?

My experience has been to those guys can only install matching pairs so they always have bins of older headlamps sitting around.

I've had 3 headlight replacement and they only did 1 headlight, not the pair. They also did them differently, with the last one being mobile.

A segment on the passenger side DRL has just failed on our Dec2016 build S90D with 45k miles. Service requested.
81C02675-5439-458B-9620-1401C847C05B.jpeg

Hi sorry I jumped in this thread. My warranty is over and Eyebrow getting worse again but I don't want spend much money for this unreliable parts any more.
I just recognized that there are plastic cover tightened by 3 screws on the back side of headlight as Pic. shown. The location seems close to the Eyebrow LED board referring disassemble Pic. by somebody. I guess it is the port to replace Eyebrow LED board. Does anyone know if it is for the purpose or something else?
S Eyebrow01.jpg

Attachments

• S Eyebrow02.jpg
    S Eyebrow02.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 65