Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Late complete profile, will delay EDD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed Mod Y on 9/12, rep told me just put my personal information only, I didn’t put delivery address, trade in, finance data until today 10/26….. will that cause EDD delay?
I am so stupid… and now I find check my account said EDD is August…. 😭😭😭
Thank you!

How is an average customer supposed to know it is not the order date that matters, but it's the profile completion date that does? Why not ask for whatever information they need to put the customer in schedule during the order so that everyone gets their order approximately the time it was estimated during the order. I wasn't in this forum during ordering and only reason I completed my profile was because I don't like keeping pending items pending (and spouse was asking why I am hurrying and completing something when the estimated delivery was 5 months out).

At some point Tesla needs to start thinking more from customer point of view and change their processes to fit the customer instead of just keep doing things that works for them slightly more.

Sadly, I had no idea about this aspect of the ordering process. I ordered on 8/1, and didn’t complete financing details until last week (thinking I’d avoid having my loan approval expire before the expected December delivery date I was quoted at the time of my order). Now I’m staring at a March-April EDD. Not pleased, and apparently there’s not much I can do about it….

Reactions: leaftoy
How is an average customer supposed to know it is not the order date that matters, but it's the profile completion date that does? Why not ask for whatever information they need to put the customer in schedule during the order so that everyone gets their order approximately the time it was estimated during the order. I wasn't in this forum during ordering and only reason I completed my profile was because I don't like keeping pending items pending (and spouse was asking why I am hurrying and completing something when the estimated delivery was 5 months out).

At some point Tesla needs to start thinking more from customer point of view and change their processes to fit the customer instead of just keep doing things that works for them slightly more.
Why would you order a Tesla and then fail to add your address and registration information for said Tesla during the next steps? I just don’t understand how this is a pain point. You want them to ship you a car, and you know you need to register it. Fill out the info in the forms.

It even asks you to complete all the “Next Steps” until it says that they will contact you when it’s time to pay and deliver.

Why would you order a Tesla and then fail to add your address and registration information for said Tesla during the next steps? I just don’t understand how this is a pain point. You want them to ship you a car, and you know you need to register it. Fill out the info in the forms.

It even asks you to complete all the “Next Steps” until it says that they will contact you when it’s time to pay and deliver.
I know you were responding to someone else, but I just wanted to throw out the idea that some (perhaps many?) of us filled out a good chunk of the profile (including registration info) right off the bat, but left financing and/or trade data for later—a date closer to the anticipated delivery of the car. In my case, I didn’t see the point of applying for the same loan twice, but it now looks like I cost myself at least a few months by not doing so. Anyway, life goes on. First world problem….

I know you were responding to someone else, but I just wanted to throw out the idea that some (perhaps many?) of us filled out a good chunk of the profile (including registration info) right off the bat, but left financing and/or trade data for later—a date closer to the anticipated delivery of the car. In my case, I didn’t see the point of applying for the same loan twice, but it now looks like I cost myself at least a few months by not doing so. Anyway, life goes on. First world problem….
Also a bit of responsibility on the part of prospective buyers. Loan approvals have always only been good for a certain number of days. I had the same question - why would I apply for a loan when I know I won’t get the car for months longer than the application would be good for? So I called Tesla customer service, asked my question and they directed me to submit as cash for now.

If you have questions, call them up and ask them, don’t just do nothing and be surprised when it sets you back. Be proactive.

I did complete my profile right away but I would completely understand if someone doesn’t realize that you need to provide Tesla all the information on a vehicle that might not arrive for another 10 months before they even put you in the queue. Why not ask for whatever information they need to put you in the queue (mainly where you want to pick the car up or have it delivered) during ordering itself? Rest (how you want to pay for it, how is it insured etc., can come closer to delivery).

Unlike folks here on TMG who have realized Tesla only thinks of what is convenient from their perspective and have learnt to think like Tesla and do what is needed, many customers come from other vehicles and may not realize order doesn’t mean order in Tesla world.

The ordering process is a lot different now, then it was 3 years ago when I ordered my S. I did place an order for a Y last week and just followed the instructions to complete my profile. I added in my info, including who I think I'll be getting the loan through until I got to step where I wait for Tesla to contact me for the next step. I got a March - April EDD.
Just because you choose 3rd party financing and add in the name of a financial institution doesn't mean you have to apply for the loan now. The directions do say to complete your profile to prevent delays I think. Didn't seem that complicated.

Sadly, I had no idea about this aspect of the ordering process. I ordered on 8/1, and didn’t complete financing details until last week (thinking I’d avoid having my loan approval expire before the expected December delivery date I was quoted at the time of my order). Now I’m staring at a March-April EDD. Not pleased, and apparently there’s not much I can do about it….
Same happened to me but I received a call after a week of placing my order. They said it was critical I completed the profile to get the order processed, and if I did immediately I would be looking to a delivery date early October, which I did. That obviously didn't happen and I'm still waiting. Because of this I will get another hard pull in my credit report with their financing, not happy either.

I raised this to my SA and he said it should be a soft pull to get my financing renewed, I doubt that's the case according to what some other forum members have shared.

EDD: Nov 7-Dic 5.
MYLR White/Black, 20", 5 seats, tow and FSD.
OD: 8/23, PC: 9/1

Same happened to me but I received a call after a week of placing my order. They said it was critical I completed the profile to get the order processed, and if I did immediately I would be looking for a early delivery date early October, which I did. That obviously didn't happen and I'm still waiting. Because of this I will get another hard pull in my credit report with their financing, not happy either.

I raised this to my SA and he said it should a be soft pull to get my financing renewed, I doubt that's the case according to what some other forum members have shared.

EDD: Nov 7-Dic 5.
MYLR White/Black, 20", 5 seats, tow and FSD.
OD: 8/23, PC: 9/1
Did you select the option to finance through Tesla? I don't see why you would already apply for financing if you are 30+ days out for delivery. Tesla doesn't require proof of financing to complete your profile, they just ask for the name of the financial institution.

Did you select the option to finance through Tesla? I don't see why you would already apply for financing if you are 30+ days out for delivery. Tesla doesn't require proof of financing to complete your profile, they just ask for the name of the financial institution.
Yes, I took their financing. Initially I didn't complete the financing in the order because I wanted to be closer to the delivery date and I knew the approval would be valid only for 60 days. But after getting the call from Tesla I completed the financing, the promise of a delivery in early October sounded great at the moment. I should have known better and just do the cash option and add financing at a later time.

Yes, I took their financing. Initially I didn't complete the financing in the order because I wanted to be closer to the delivery date and I knew the approval would be valid only for 60 days. But after getting the call from Tesla I completed the financing, the promise of a delivery in early October sounded great at the moment. I should have known better and just do the cash option and add financing at a later time.
If you're doing 3rd party financing, don't select the cash option, it'll screw up the paperwork since the fees will be different. You need to select the 3rd party financing option.
Important lesson, don't trust anything Tesla tells you lol

Reactions: Teslu