Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Late (facelift) 2016 S75 with AP1 - NoVA Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is interested, I'm tring to get a feel of the demand of my Late 2016 (Facelift) Solid White Tesla Model S 75 (software upgrade from 60) with AP1. Please note this is the manual trunk before the power liftgate became standard. This car also has a clean history, no accidents, Opti-Coat Paint Protection, tinted windows and approx 6800 miles.

See pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mb17hpVWlSZBSBrr2

Lien is with PenFed. Located in Northern Virginia

Please PM me if interested and if you want my asking price. Trying to avoid all the "ideal" price replies via formula/depreciation/tax credit. As that just messes up mine and other people's ad when others are trying to sell their Teslas.

There were still cars delivered with AP1 as late as Nov/Dec. Friend got a P100D in late Oct and it still had AP1.

Yes, i think OCT 2016 is when Tesla started putting AP2.0 in all cars....so it's entirely possible that a car ordered and built in late september with AP1 hw was delivered in November as the OP noted. Bad luck and Bad timing though! sucks to be the last few batches of cars with the AP1 hw. Good luck with the sale.

Yes, i think OCT 2016 is when Tesla started putting AP2.0 in all cars....so it's entirely possible that a car ordered and built in late september with AP1 hw was delivered in November as the OP noted. Bad luck and Bad timing though! sucks to be the last few batches of cars with the AP1 hw. Good luck with the sale.

Well, there are some die hard AP1 fans here, so it would be desirable to them. One of the reasons I went new was to get AP2.0, if I was to do it all over again, I wouldn't place so much emphasis on getting AP2.0. I probably could have lived with AP1.0 for a few years until there was a significant improvement in whatever APx.x would be then.

Reactions: Ghosty
Well, there are some die hard AP1 fans here, so it would be desirable to them. One of the reasons I went new was to get AP2.0, if I was to do it all over again, I wouldn't place so much emphasis on getting AP2.0. I probably could have lived with AP1.0 for a few years until there was a significant improvement in whatever APx.x would be then.

not sure i would do that. I had a AP1 and one of the main reasons i got the new MS was AP2.0. Sure AP1 is still better than AP2.0 but the progress is exponential when it comes to AP2.0 i think. once they reach parity (very close currently), they will bypass AP1 very quickly. there's a threshold that needs to be crossed though. perhaps in a few months we'll get to that point (ie. Stop lights, Stop signs, 'actual' auto lane change, etc.)

Reactions: Ghosty
not sure i would do that. I had a AP1 and one of the main reasons i got the new MS was AP2.0. Sure AP1 is still better than AP2.0 but the progress is exponential when it comes to AP2.0 i think. once they reach parity (very close currently), they will bypass AP1 very quickly. there's a threshold that needs to be crossed though. perhaps in a few months we'll get to that point (ie. Stop lights, Stop signs, 'actual' auto lane change, etc.)

I hope you are right.

Search didn't do much. Where can I learn WHY ap2 is behind. It doesn't make sense, ap2 has more cameras and sensors. Why can't something with more hardware perform on the same level? How is the software written that it can't use the same camera and go from there

Search didn't do much. Where can I learn WHY ap2 is behind. It doesn't make sense, ap2 has more cameras and sensors. Why can't something with more hardware perform on the same level? How is the software written that it can't use the same camera and go from there
AP2 only has more cameras for future use and isn’t utilizing them yet. To help understand it is similar to the comparison of Apple IOS vs Android. AP2 relates to Android that uses superior hardware and MobilEye AP1 relates to Apple IOS with its more efficient software. AP1 (IOS) operates with lower hardware specs by using software that requires less resources and thus by many standards operates on at least a level field with Android. Compensating for inferior software by throwing higher spec hardware will give better performance but is not always the best solution.

AP1 used software developed by another company, mobileeye. Tesla broke ties with them and when AP2.0 came out, tesla essentially rewrote and developed all the code from scratch so that they'd be independent and not be forced to do things the way another company wishes to do. Pretty impressive and gutsy if you ask me!

AP2 only has more cameras for future use and isn’t utilizing them yet. To help understand it is similar to the comparison of Apple IOS vs Android. AP2 relates to Android that uses superior hardware and MobilEye AP1 relates to Apple IOS with its more efficient software. AP1 (IOS) operates with lower hardware specs by using software that requires less resources and thus by many standards operates on at least a level field with Android. Compensating for inferior software by throwing higher spec hardware will give better performance but is not always the best solution.
Sorry, but iOS is better software on better hardware.
iPhone 8 Is World's Fastest Phone (It's Not Even Close)

Apple's A11 Bionic chip isn't just marketing speak. It's the most powerful processor ever put in a mobile phone. We've put this chip to the test in both synthetic benchmarks and some real-world speed trials, and it obliterates every Android phone we tested.

Sorry, but iOS is better software on better hardware.
iPhone 8 Is World's Fastest Phone (It's Not Even Close)
Wow, I only have the iPhone 7 Plus and had not read up on the 8 yet. My comparison should then have said all the previous iPhones compared to all previous Galaxy S phones were the Samsung phones were clearly higher spec. My point is still the same and wasn’t meant to work up Apple fan boys. There is still hope for AP2 with all its extra hardware specs.

Wow, I only have the iPhone 7 Plus and had not read up on the 8 yet. My comparison should then have said all the previous iPhones compared to all previous Galaxy S phones were the Samsung phones were clearly higher spec. My point is still the same and wasn’t meant to work up Apple fan boys. There is still hope for AP2 with all its extra hardware specs.
When was that??
iPhone 7 vs Note 7 Speed Test

Not even close

When was that??
iPhone 7 vs Note 7 Speed Test

Not even close
Every previous iPhone, you are making my point! Did you not even read the post you responded to? This isn’t to work up Apple fanboy’s as I said. The point was and still is that with better software you can work around less hardware or inferior hardware, hence the comparison. Speed tests are not a true marker of real world performance anyway if that is what you are trying to say. The comparison is to answer the question of why AP1 still outperforms AP2 without 80 times more processing power and more cameras etc.

Reactions: RVD98072
Every previous iPhone, you are making my point! Did you not even read the post you responded to? This isn’t to work up Apple fanboy’s as I said. The point was and still is that with better software you can work around less hardware or inferior hardware, hence the comparison. That is the comparison and it is correct.

Concur. Apple may have better hardware, but the OS is PAINFUL to use. After being on a recent Android OS, it's like going back to something 10 years ago.

Concur. Apple may have better hardware, but the OS is PAINFUL to use. After being on a recent Android OS, it's like going back to something 10 years ago.
I carry a 7 plus but prefered my Note 5 and often want to switch back to it, but because my family has Apple phones it’s easier to keep the same phones. It is tough to switch back and forth once you get used to one system.