Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

late lunch meetup after June 9th shareholders meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI there was discussion in other thread about spouses getting in to shareholders meeting (answer:no, each person must show proof of share ownership).

this DOES not apply to our group lunch, spouses, friends, and non-investor TMC folks are welcome to meet us. This lunch is an inclusive community event for Tesla fans.

I've started Evite list. If you are interested in going and have not yet gotten an Evite notification, please PM me with your email address.

We are at about 13 people, and I expect around 15-20.

I've been waiting to see how our schedule shakes out, but I've been informed that the meeting is event that everything else has to work around :) So, we'll be up there again this year. The get together makes the trip worth it; it's hard to persuade me to do all that driving just for an hour meeting.

And if anyone else is driving a Model S up from San Diego and wants a pair of EV nuts along for the trip, maybe we can work something out.

I am using the Evite to make it easier for me to keep final count (instead of re-reading posts for updates on numbers), so please be sure to RSVP. Not everyone has responded yet, but I have already sent Evite to everyone that I know is interested, so please check your junk mail folder and PM me if you did not get Evite yet.

My count (including some guesses based on the thread here) is 19 folks. Not everyone has responded yet, and some are couples, so that is my best guess right now.

I hope to post final menu by tomorrow depending on communications with the restaurant.

Look forward to seeing everyone

Just a heads up. I'm still negotiating with the restaurant. So far I can find an option for $35 PLUS tax and tip or and option I don't like too much for $40-45 inclusive.

Most of the folks here, I don't think would care one way or another, but I know a few folks that the difference between 35-45 would make a difference. Please PM me if you think $45 would be a deal breaker. I'd rather have more folks than less. Makes it more of a party than a lunch.

We are currently around 22-24 people

I've been waiting to see how our schedule shakes out, but I've been informed that the meeting is event that everything else has to work around :) So, we'll be up there again this year. The get together makes the trip worth it; it's hard to persuade me to do all that driving just for an hour meeting.

And if anyone else is driving a Model S up from San Diego and wants a pair of EV nuts along for the trip, maybe we can work something out.

We're traveling up from Scottsdale beginning June 5th in the late morning. I don't know the exact schedule yet, but I think we plan to get to San Jose late Saturday. AND we have our little dog with us. So I'm sure we'll run into each other unless you're taking it slower. :)
Our trip is actually a visit to my father-in-law up there and it happened to coincide with the shareholder meeting. Perfect!!! I'll PM you when I know more about our schedule, but we probably aren't staying at a fancy place Friday night with the dog in tow. Maybe we won't be as adventurous as I thought and we plan to get there Sunday.

I'm heading your way tonight. My family is in San Diego and we're going to the dinner on Sunday that the SD club is having. This is our first function that we're attending. Perhaps I'll see you there?

image.jpg

Actually I tried. She's a Bichon and she's enjoying the trip to San Diego right now in the car. Maybe when I get to a computer.

Edited:
Well I guess it worked. :)

Last edited:
Can one of the moderators please change the title of the thread to say "Lunch June 9th 2015 after Shareholders Meeting"? I don't want people clicking and seeing photos and think this was a picnic lunch that might have happened already (like maybe think the thread was last years lunch).

Update: Rough count 22 folks. If you want to join, just PM me your email address to get the Evite.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and silicon valley. I'm interested in attending this lunch event. May I join? This will be my first Tesla annual meeting and you people sound like a cool bunch to meet.

Danny

Can one of the moderators please change the title of the thread to say "Lunch June 9th 2015 after Shareholders Meeting"? I don't want people clicking and seeing photos and think this was a picnic lunch that might have happened already (like maybe think the thread was last years lunch).

Update: Rough count 22 folks. If you want to join, just PM me your email address to get the Evite.

Proof of share ownership - need advice

I remember receiving my TSLA proxy paperwork, but I must have recycled or lost it, and I'm paperless at both of the brokers holding my shares. Should a printed copy of my latest statement be adequate for admission? Or should I not worry about it and just log-in on my phone when I show up?

I remember receiving my TSLA proxy paperwork, but I must have recycled or lost it, and I'm paperless at both of the brokers holding my shares. Should a printed copy of my latest statement be adequate for admission? Or should I not worry about it and just log-in on my phone when I show up?

I would print a statement. They were pretty serious last year about having proof, and if there isn't good data coverage inside the museum you might not get to log on. Better safe than sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and silicon valley. I'm interested in attending this lunch event. May I join? This will be my first Tesla annual meeting and you people sound like a cool bunch to meet.

Danny

Sure Danny, please PM me with your email address

I would print a statement. They were pretty serious last year about having proof, and if there isn't good data coverage inside the museum you might not get to log on. Better safe than sorry.

OK, thanks...was just thinking that a printed statement might not be effective enough, since it would be pretty easy to fake...I could edit the PDF and put anyone's name or any stock I wanted on it.