Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Late model long range 3 rwd with phantom front motor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else with a late model long range rwd have a front motor show up on their screen? I had heard that at the end of the cycle of the long range rwd, to meet production deadlines for the federal tax credit Tesla was producing awd and turning off the front motor with the software. Any ideas? If so could this be an upgrade like the performance boost on awd?

IMG_7079 copy.jpg

Does your car say dual motor on the Tesla screen? If you look at your VIN, before the last 6 digits or so, does it have an A or a B?

screen doesn't read dual motor, VIN has an A which is single motor. I think it's equipped with the wiring harness, apparently end of run long range rwd had them, but no front motor. It appeared on my screen after the latest update.

screen doesn't read dual motor, VIN has an A which is single motor. I think it's equipped with the wiring harness, apparently end of run long range rwd had them, but no front motor. It appeared on my screen after the latest update.
What's your production date?

I think you need to go out to your car with a 10mm socket, remove your frunk liner, and take some pictures. Enquiring minds want to know!

BTW - if your car does at least have the wiring harness that would make an aftermarket AWD upgrade much less expensive. No need to rework the harness or replace the battery.