TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Late to the party in The Netherlands

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by [email protected], Sep 30, 2013.

1. L@urens

Hi all,

I'm a little late to the party in The Netherlands, where tax laws are changing in 2014 making 100% EV slightly more expensive. In short: they are no longer 100% tax free, but 96%. However, I'm still contemplating ordering a Model S for early 2014 and getting rid of my E61 BMW 535d. While a truely great car, it's hugely expensive in private income taxes and feels 'old and dirty' after reading about the Model S over the last few weeks.

I'll try 'n post useful stuff about my progress, mainly in the Europe/Dutch corner here.

2. widodh

widodh Model S 85kWh

Welcome! I just got mine last Thursday and haven't regretted anything yet.

Once you have driven a Model S all other cars with an ICE feel like old dinosaurs to drive, even your 535d. I drove a 530d last weekend and it felt really weird to hear that engine rev up and such.

3. L@urens

Turns out I may actually still receive the car in 2013! Should know more tomorrow...

4. L@urens

Delivery estimated on Dec 23rd, now that would be a merry christmas...