Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest 5 Seat Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5 seat 4.jpg 5 seat 2.jpg 5 seat 3.jpg 5 seat 1.jpg
5 seat 4.jpg
5 seat 2.jpg
5 seat 3.jpg
5 seat 1.jpg
5 seat 4.jpg
Here are the latest 5 seat photos I got while on a test drive in Fremont.
5 seat 4.jpg

Attachments

• 5 seat 2.jpg
    5 seat 2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 328
  • 5 seat 3.jpg
    5 seat 3.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 321
  • 5 seat 4.jpg
    5 seat 4.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 321
Huge thanks for the images! Some notes:

- Granted, those are not very attractive seats. Really, it is not a very attractive design or implementation. That's the negative.

- The seats are further back than the configurator/design studio photoshops suggested. It is hard to tell from the photos but the legroom seems to be fairly generous. I think this is a good thing. That's the positive.

Curious things:

- The seat sides, seat backs etc. (lever included) seem terribly unfinished. And apparently the sides of the bench are not glossy anymore (but matte plastic), though design studio suggests so.

- The configurator images and this end-result continue to be different. Configurator shows quite different design for how the rear seat back and the storage compartment cover meet and they show a "wall" at the end of the storage compartment cover that is not there here. Compare to: Flat Fold second row now available.

Is this an unfinished prototype? (In the same vein we saw different monopost seat designs in early demonstrators.)

I too would welcome a profile picture that shows the new posts. Funny how IMO the most important picture keeps being so elusive in the recent photo reports. :)

Anyway, appreciated the pics A LOT!

Thanks for those pics. I was at the STL service center looking at a 5 seater being prepped for delivery but wasn't allowed to take any pics. They weren't even able to fold the seats down for me as the adjustment lever hadn't yet been installed. I am happy to see how well the seats do fold down. Was it an even plane or is it sloped up?

Did you notice that the cover for the well in the back also didn't sit flush with the area forward of it? That's how the 5 seater I saw was. And that was even different from the 6 seater that I looked at in the showroom.

I don't want to say this but the quality/alignment and aesthetics are worse than my brothers MDX (even my 2014 MDX that I traded in for the X with 6 seats).

I hope this is an EARLY prototype, perhaps a year old...

Attachments

• IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 326
Thanks. Seems like a ton of space. Build looks similar to a Model S, no issues with those seats. Finally good to get answer on the rear A/C vents too, as looks like they removed and do NOT have the 3rd row vents in rear pillar area - didn't make sense to route more air back there from single A/C-Heater, downside only if have pets in back area without being folded for some reason.