Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest App Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my Model 3 for almost 2 months now. The app when I first got allowed me to turn on the front defroster. I thought it was strange that it didn't have the capability to turn on the rear defroster.

Now a new update got pushed a couple of days ago I think, and now I can't even turn on the front defroster anymore? The seat heaters can still be turned on but it seems that turns on the air too as it shows it blowing out of the vent. Also the steering wheel heater is no longer there,

Am I missing something or is Tesla dropping the ball on their app??? Both times my app updated it seems to have less rather than improvements.

Ok, I just downloaded 4.1.1 and it's still there. Open climate and then swipe up from the bottom:

Defrost.jpg

The animation is nifty too:

Defrost on.jpg

Reactions: diverbelow72
Interesting. What does it cost to turn on the hardware?
$300. You can order it through your Tesla app. I thought about adding it, but just couldn't justify the cost, even as little as it is. Unless you're in an area that is cold most of the year, you really don't need it. I park in my garage and if it does get cold, I can turn the heater on high for a few minutes to warm up the interior.

Seat heater.jpg

Last edited: