Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Dashboard Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking at the pictures posted recently by the Texas factory worker and see that the dashboard has gone from a marble-like pattern to a plain white one. I think the original, patterned dash looks better, but this one seems to jibe with the minimalist, austere look Tesla is known for.

EzEB_JhVoAId-_R

I love the alcantara wrap around the steering wheel and the angularity of it all. There does not seem to be any door pockets though. Hopefully they will not make that mistake again and include them in the production cars
As an earlier Model S owner, I 100% agree with the sentiment about storage within the cabin. I ended up buying both a front and rear console for the S to add cup holders and storage for everyday items.

As an earlier Model S owner, I 100% agree with the sentiment about storage within the cabin. I ended up buying both a front and rear console for the S to add cup holders and storage for everyday items.
OMG totally... I did the front console but not the rear. We didn't have kids back then so it wasn't a big deal in the back but even finding a place for your umbrella was hard in the early S

Reactions: swengl
Hard Pass on the extra consoles for me. The original Model S was the best. How much crap are you all toting around? My wife loved that she could plop her purse in the open area and not have to reach all the way to the passenger footwell. I also loved it when I was a passenger that said purse was not on or under my feet. When we upgraded her to a 100D back in 2018 we didn't know that they all came w/ consoles. We just ordered online to take advantage of the tax credit. If she had been home when it arrived she would have sent it back. She was quite frustrated at the new MS console.

Keep it open! I will sometimes need to transport 6 people and need the front bench.

Im not worried about the center console on the truck since its going to have the huge backrest to have storage and cup holders when there is only two people up front. My comment was about the door pockets... That was the worst in the S... no place for an umbrella! let alone anything you need to store while your on a long road trip. I use the door pocket on my 3 100% of the time. The Y has more room under the seat so you can store stuff under there but its still nice to have it in the door and not have to reach under your feet while on the road.

You have to admit, the Model S cupholders (at least in the 2015 "model" year) in the arm rest are awkward, at best. I am tall and need a full arm rest and with the cupholders in use (and a passenger in the seat beside me) the arm rest is pretty cramped. A truck is about utility (and nowadays, comfort), so it's not unreasonable to expect Tesla to take advantage of the space available to put in some built in storage. That's not to say that Tesla couldn't design a removable center floor console that can be secured when in use and then easily removed when you need 3 people sitting in the front of the CT. Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds?

Reactions: lottadot
You have to admit, the Model S cupholders (at least in the 2015 "model" year) in the arm rest are awkward, at best. I am tall and need a full arm rest and with the cupholders in use (and a passenger in the seat beside me) the arm rest is pretty cramped. A truck is about utility (and nowadays, comfort), so it's not unreasonable to expect Tesla to take advantage of the space available to put in some built in storage. That's not to say that Tesla couldn't design a removable center floor console that can be secured when in use and then easily removed when you need 3 people sitting in the front of the CT. Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds?
Agree, I hated the S cup holders in the arm rest. If you were traveling with a pax it made the ride really uncomfortable to have two drinks there. Once I got the drop in console installed I never used those again, the arm rest stayed in the stowed position 100% of the time.
The armrest on the truck looks huge in the pictures so hopefully there is a lot more room for arms and cups and storage