Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, same here. Probably jumping the gun here, but, has Tesla possibly encountered some unforeseen hiccup in the supply chain and are throttling down a bit?

I wouldn't look too deeply into this, even if it is the result of a "slowdown". Regardless of when I get my e-mail, the factory is going to churn out cars at whatever pace is eventually set (and I presume they have a schedule already in mind). Getting the e-mail a week or two later doesn't mean the car is coming a week or two later than Tesla anticipated -- the contract will probably still say "September", and will probaby/hopefully be delivered well before then.

That said, I'm checking this thread (and my e-mail) about 30 times a day to see if anyone close to my number has gotten the e-mail. The silence is oddly reassuring that I haven't missed the boat!

Regular Sig (not a Roadster owner, or friend and family) # 267 - received the email today (5-23-2012 at 10:45am Pacific coast time) to configure the car today. Will set up a call soon with Tesla and order our Model S!

Strange; 267, 270 and 280 got their emails today (congrats!) and DaveVa #236 got his a week ago, but, Arnold at #304 hasn't (although dsm363's parents, in the low 300s, were promised theirs today)...

< 100 this week?!

I guess we still have much of the work day to go at Tesla Central out on the West Coast :)

Sig #280 got the e-mail today, unfortunately sitting Germany on vacation and returning the paperwork will take a little extra effort. Hope my cousin has a fax. :scared:

Congrats Klaus! I think we have 1 Founders Series, 1 Sig Special and 1 Sig (you) now in our FL Owners Group (Larry will correct me if I'm wrong).

BTW, the initial phone call can be made from anywhere, when you call they ask if you want to talk through it immediately or book a time to discuss. (Ideally you'll be in front of a computer, but it's not critical if you're familiar with the car!) Then the first "confirmation" exchange is per e-mail and requires no signature. You'll then receive your MVPA which requires you to print and then either scan and send per e-mail or fax back.

Viel Spaß.

Congrats Klaus! I think we have 1 Founders Series, 1 Sig Special and 1 Sig (you) now in our FL Owners Group (Larry will correct me if I'm wrong).

Hi Nigel,

This is something that I probably should put on our member's survey, but unfortunately I don't have a definitive list of member's reservation numbers. Nevertheless, I do know of at least three more low reservation (<300) numbers beyond those that you aluded to. Don't forget about Warren. :wink:

Larry

Congrats Klaus! Awesome. It's going to take a while to get up to my P2624 (maybe Oct.). What's another 4.5 months? I'm going to be real nice to you guys. It might be my best chance for another ride in a Model S between now and the end of summer. :smile:

Sadly, no. Seems a little strange. I even checked the spam folder, just in case. I may shoot them an e-mail tomorrow. Glad to know that they sent the email to a lot of people and still seem on track.

There's a glitch in the Matrix!

Hope it gets resolved quickly for you, Arnold. If you are up for it before midnight your time, try shooting that email right now; a lot of Tesla folks seem to be night owls!