Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should know soon if they are ramping up production so even if you get your e-mail in late September, you'll have until late October to finalize. The wait is almost over. Good luck.
You can let the Finalize date 'drift' for about 6 mo., and pull the trigger (starting the 60 day delivery clock) anytime.

- - - Updated - - -

> Maybe, just maybe, Elon and crew have been sand bagging on us. [SCW-Greg]

I have not read enough to support the assumption that a significant ramp-up is possible. ...
Someone with line experience said once checks are finished, it's more like flipping the "ON" switch, jumping to full production immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

So when does the 30-day "Finalize" clock begin? When the button shows up, or when you get the email?

(Not like I'm checking "My Garage" every five minutes, but... just curious)
The 30 days is just the deadline for not changing the delivery date. If you go past that, delivery "walks" for as many days as you delay, remaining 60 days in the future.

You can let the Finalize date 'drift' for about 6 mo., and pull the trigger (starting the 60 day delivery clock) anytime.
<snip>
The 30 days is just the deadline for not changing the delivery date. If you go past that, delivery "walks" for as many days as you delay, remaining 60 days in the future.

This is just one interpretation and not the facts as stated by Tesla. You might be right, but maybe not.

I was told to get it finalized as soon as possible as it could make a difference in delivery order due to batching.

Depends on what reservation number you are, considering they are asking even those in the 5000's to finalize their order. For instance, #5000 will not be produced until November at the earliest anyways, so whether #5000 finalizes his order today or 30 days from now, that's not going to effect his production date.

P6316 and still waiting (I check my Tesla Garage a few times a day). Looks like they have lined up all the orders needed to fully ramp for 2012. Should resume at the steady state finalize rate soon I would think.

They My Tesla section doesn't seem to be updated often at this point so you'll likely get the call or an email before anything changes on the My Tesla website.

They My Tesla section doesn't seem to be updated often at this point so you'll likely get the call or an email before anything changes on the My Tesla website.

For me it was the opposite. My Tesla was updated (with the "finalize" button) about a week before I got the email. We had already received a counter-signed contract before the thing came! I'm #5,651.

For me it was the opposite. My Tesla was updated (with the "finalize" button) about a week before I got the email. We had already received a counter-signed contract before the thing came! I'm #5,651.

I'm wondering if perhaps there are several people involved in this process and they've broken the reservation list up into chunks and what we're seeing here is employees of various efficiencies.

Sally got the Sig list.
Herman got P1-1000
Jennifer got P1001-2000
Frank got 2001-3000
Horus got 3001-4000
Bill got 4001-5000

Sally is doing a better job at communicating than Jennifer because she's just a natural, Herman just plain sucks, while Frank is a fish out of water, but quickly learning how to walk on land, and Horus is off for a few days because he doesn't handle stress too well and he's sick now, so the new guy, Bill, is doing his group and Horus' group.

The number of e-mails and phone calls coming into and going out of Tesla daily has to be extraordinary. And it's quite possible they are still trying to come up with the best system to handle it all. Ideally, you'd have one person following a reservationist and their car from order to delivery...I doubt that's happening and so the more people involved along the route from start to finish, the bigger the chance for miscommunications, things out of order, things missed etc...

I'm wondering if perhaps there are several people involved in this process and they've broken the reservation list up into chunks and what we're seeing here is employees of various efficiencies.

Sally got the Sig list.
Herman got P1-1000
Jennifer got P1001-2000
Frank got 2001-3000
Horus got 3001-4000
Bill got 4001-5000

<SNIP>

Why is it that everyone (include Tesla) seems to forget the R list!!! :-(

Ok well I'm very slow.
P1440 received "It's time to build" email on Aug 7. Perseverated for a month and clicked finalize late Monday night Sept 10. E-signed tonight 9/12 and waiting for countersign.
It said "Nov - Dec" for the delivery date.

60 kWh
Catalina white, with white roof
Textile interior
Tech
Air suspension
Rear jump seats
Twin Chargers
parcel shelf

Debated a lot on all the options, but in the end I think this provides a capable (but not ideal) road trip car without TOO much sticker shock. The 85 pushed it too far.
I know the dual chargers is a tough and risky call and may not be worth the money, especially given the impending supercharger announcement, but it gives us flexibility and insurance against the fear of having to wait around for a charge and getting unnecessarily delayed. If I lived anywhere but here in the bay area this would not be a good choice - I am really depending on that Tesla Highway going to both Tahoe and LA. Who knows, I might even drive up to Seattle! I will absolutely consider contributing to additional HPWC installations to fill in gaps that are not addressed by the superchargers.

Rear seats are one of those features that drew me to the car in the very beginning, so that we can take the grandparents and the kids in one car and to carpool with neighborhood kids.

Air suspension raised to its highest setting and a plastic curb ramp will hopefully allow me to navigate my difficult driveway and get a more head-on approach into the garage.

Plain white and cloth seats because I am fine with how they looked and wife didn't like the black roof.
Also the service pricing took precedence - this is version 1.0 and we will want all the updates.

Thanks to everyone who put up with and helped answer my many questions, and I look forward to planning a bunch of drives!

They had to slow down at some point and only send the out at the same pace they're shipping cars. Otherwise they'd end up with 12000 finalized orders with only a couple hundred cars shipped.

You'd expect a big pause round about now. They've been calling people in order and pulling out only the 85kWh/air-susp ones to actually build. Once they start building the other configurations, there must be a big pile of already-configured orders to build before they need to start calling again.

You'd expect a big pause round about now. They've been calling people in order and pulling out only the 85kWh/air-susp ones to actually build. Once they start building the other configurations, there must be a big pile of already-configured orders to build before they need to start calling again.

They can keep all 20K cars on site!