TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Latest "Finalize your order" date

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by joefee, Apr 22, 2012.

1. kinddog

kinddog Banned

Yes... This happened to me tonight as well.

2. sbgator90

sbgator90 Member

OK. Thanks for suggestions. I found a sign out button on the bottom of the page of all places and then signed back in. And there is the delivery box. It is saying Dec. 15-31. Man, is that earlier than I expected. I was planning to have it delivered in Las Vegas and drive home experiencing the Superchargers. Maybe I'll just take it at the factory. Choices, choices. And, a loyal loved BMW 5 series that I have to part ways with.

3. kinddog

kinddog Banned

I got it to work too... And got the same delivery window!!! How can this be? I'm 10,280! My garage is no where NEAR ready... I was expecting march/April!!!

4. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Holy voltage Batman. I haven't hit finalize yet (just got mine today), but I was expecting late April delivery too. This changes everything! Scramble time.

5. GDH

GDH Banned

FREE TEST DRIVES????:tongue:

6. sbgator90

sbgator90 Member

Thank Goodness. I thought I was going to get the evil eye for P7422 delivered in December. Now they can leer at you:) Also, congrats on your fantastic taste in Pearl White.

85KW, Pearl White, Tan

7. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Kinddog

How could you get a delivery button already with such a high P#? Did you get the "December Delivery" email? I'm P#9,094 and they stopped sending the December Delivery emails just before my P#. I have no delivery details button....

Aaron

8. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

I'm in the same boat: P10,074, and I thought the Feb/Mar delivery window they gave me when I finalized last week was optimistic!

9. kinddog

kinddog Banned

Aaron,

I did not get that December delivery invitation email. just the configure your car email two weeks ago and now I got the delivery confirm email.

i have a feeling it has to do with the Performance option. seems like they are dramatically pushing those out the door these days. I wonder if they have a glut of the dual inverters.

this isn't exactly good. as much as I'm looking forward to getting the car, I am not ready. still need to redo my garage doors and install 240w outlet. as well as clean my garage out!

10. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

first world problems. :)

Maybe that's my problem, I've been keeping my garage neat and tidy even before deliveries began this year...

11. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

I didn't get the December delivery invitation email either. I don't think it's Performance, because mine is standard, but I really have no idea what it is.

P10,074 - Black Solid Paint, All Glass Panoramic Roof, 19" Wheels, Black Leather Interior, Obeche Wood Gloss Decor, 85 kWh Battery, Active Air Suspension

12. ASG

ASG Member

10,636 received the finalize email today (12/11/12)...decisions now must be made. Know we're going w/non-performance but 85kwh battery pack, panoramic roof and tech package. No dual charger. Everything else is up for spousal discussions!!!

13. HFh

HFh Member

Why redo your doors?

You know that car is really wide and I have the double door garage. Has anyone had problems getting their Tesla in and out of one of those?

14. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

There are 8' and 9' widths as standard sizes for single car doors. I have 9' doors and it won't be a problem to put the S in there. But I imagine with an 8' door it might be a little tough.

With the Model S at 86" in width one would have less than 5" spare on each side. As garage doors are generally larger than the opening.

15. HFh

HFh Member

Fair enough. My current car is 6" narrower. Getting my car in requires some precision. I get in and out easily now, but at first, I had to turn in fairly carefully. My wife's CUV fits but requires a steady hand. I'm not even sure there are 5" on each side of space. She does it every day though (that's a time when creep comes in handy)....

16. kinddog

kinddog Banned

because my two-car garage, the openings are 92" wide. The Tesla Model S is 86" wide. that leaves 3 inches of clearance on either side. that's..... a little too snug for me. :)

- - - Updated - - -

well then... i'm fresh outta ideas...

17. wstuff

wstuff Junior Member

#1717 wstuff, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    Got my finalize email @ 7:15 tonight, awaiting paperwork, was surprised to get a delivery window of FEB/MAR when originally best guess was April, and I figured May, NO COMPLAINTS HERE.

85 kw, Blue, Tan Air, Pano, Sound, Tech, 19 inch, Twin chargers, Hwpc. I am 10,729

18. Raven

Raven Member

Geez, tell Tesla to send your email on another thread and *poof*! Congrats. Now come on Tesla! Me next.

19. madeleine

madeleine Member

I got my finalize email this afternoon :) Wanted to do Balki's dance of joy in the office but didn't want folks to know why I was so happy.

I'm wondering if I finalize with 85kwh performance, 21" grey, black leather + carbon fiber, pano roof and tech package, if there's a decent chance for delivery before end of year. That's in a few weeks! Thoughts?

P10,804.

20. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

You da man Robert!!